97%
I dont support Sluice Boxs
3%

Total votes: 30
Philski

Re: Tasmanian Prospecting Licence

Postby Philski » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:00 pm

HI Miguel Thats awesome news. one simple word changes so much,

Getting the reserve terminology mrt use on the same page as the other agencys would be a blessing.

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Sat May 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi everyone,
I can't seem to be able to edit my previous post for some reason.
I've had some correspondence from MRT, who disagree with my statement above. Apparently, even though the licence says nothing of the sort, the rules printed on it are not the definitive rules that apply to you for the duration of the licence. There are other rules on the website, sometimes contradicting the ones in the licence. It is up to you to know which ones are the definitive, binding rules. Take that as you interpret it, I wasn't sure what to make of it.
Secondly, MRT have informed me that, even when you have an arrangement with the licence holder to explore in their tenement, and share this information with them, you would not be considered to be exploring. I have some disagreements with this, and I would strongly recommend you spend some time carefully studying the Mineral Resources Development Act 1995 and make up your own mind.
I am left with the impression that it is up to each of us to know our rights. I am starting up a blog on fossicking and prospecting and plan to cover some of these issues.
Cheers,
Miguel.

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat May 02, 2015 10:41 pm

I was so hoping this was for good, Ralph joining and Ben joining etc, But its not..

the MRDA was put into law 20 fucking years ago and they are still pondering it.

Rule 1,, Toga and Hemp Sandals must be made of non slave derived cloth.

I "informed Ben Waining today to stick my licence up his **** im sick to death of the bullshit and innuendo. I will be taking the matter up with legislative council during the week and my local members of parliament. Local Media and both state and federal senators that may be able to assist. Jackie Lambie, you name it, And will of course inform the Victorian Prospectors and Miners association in the Morning and our other mainland associations. WA, QLD, NSW and ACT. You guys have over 20,000 prospecting members Australia wide behind you ready to stand up for our rights. go bullshit to them and explain your position and how we have anything to do with an excavator or even want to. and to blame recreational prospectors. is a low act. I do it because its all i fucking have as a recreation, and do its as passively as humanly possible. Corinna, Waratah, Rosebery, Tullah, Zeehan Queentown. what else can i do? fish the Queen river?

The ACT governs Us and the agency. MRT fail miserably at it at present. This can be clearly demonstrated.

Jackie Lambie is not only a federal senator, she is also related to one of our pioneering Tasmanian Prospectors on the West Coast, Mr Lambie worked Blackguards Hill with Grey of Greys creek fame, and also at Middleton's Creek!

And im sure will be most interested. once she is informed of the current situation of slanderous accusations leveled at every recreational prospector in Tasmania. With no factual evidence pointing to us as a majority damaging anything. rebuttal, is an appropriate word.

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Mon May 04, 2015 10:34 am

All I have to say is: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. Read the rules (they are written on your licence and the MRT site), read the legislation, then read both of them again. Pay particular attention to Section 3, which contains the definitions of fossicking and prospecting, and all of Part 5, which sets out the laws of prospecting. Pay particular attention both to what they say, and what they don't. And don't let any old person, whoever they are affiliated with, tell you that there are extra rules you should be abiding by.
I think it's high time we had a Tasmanian Association of Fossickers and Prospectors, along the lines of PMAV and NAPFA.

Philski

Postby Philski » Mon May 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Absolutely, i used the oxford concise dictionary for definitions on both prospecting and exploration. MRT can use any made up in-house terms they like.
as a parable. Imagine MRT had control of Tasmanian drivers licences.

1: with a drivers licence you may go fast or slow in a car, but not really fast, under no circumstances should you go faster than normal on unsealed roads.

so i ask, this is hypothetical "what exactly is the speed limit in Kph". and get a reply, via someone else, from the Geo hipster. "your are obviously a hoon and rev head and speed too much and we are on to you" I simply want to know a figure to drive to legally, so i can do the right thing. And would, knowing me,, tell them to jam my hypothetical drivers licence up their hypothetical freckle, as well.

The above draws a quite simple comparison to the current state of our prospecting licence and easy of understanding on both sides and its use.

it takes a hand full of people to form an association and im happy to fund the lot to get it going. The Tasmanian Ombudsman is also another avenue, defamation is some pretty serious shit for a government agency staff member to get into.

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:00 am

acfish wrote:Just put this up in another section, but here is a bit more appropriate,
shot a letter of to MRT, and i urge others to do the same,
copy of letter below
cheers,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Did you ever get a response from MRT? I wrote to the Registrar of Mines with a list of questions six weeks ago and still no joy.

Miguel

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:00 am

im still waiting for Ben Waining to get back to his office.. LOL

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:03 am

in hindsight im hoping to have a platform at the perhaps the most prominent geo science meeting to ever occur in the State, as a speaker and will lay some serious cards on the table, in front of an understanding crowd. Change will happen one way or another. And names will be mentioned. They can hide under their pretend desk then,,

have a nice day
Phillip Kemp

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:30 am

its nearly as cheap and way more productive for me to fly to Victoria and return, as to prospect in my home state, with far less bu shit thrust on me to do it. how do MRT feel about the loss of income? and how can they feel like worthwhile citizens and mineralogical experts. Given the outstandingly negative precedent they have thrust upon us.

ron

Postby ron » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi All.

just wondering if any changes or interpretations of the meanings to fossicking/prospecting have been presented to Phil or Miguel fom MRT?
I was a bit stunned that the dates for the forum discussions is now >2 years old and seems unresolved.
I still have an issue with highbanker use. The material is dug by hand for processing and only washed (or in some cases the wash water is recycled). Ba humbug or is it ho humm!!

Cheers