OHS / WHS Mines supplement 2012

Rules and regulations In Tasmania for prospecting

Moderator: Philski

Philski

OHS / WHS Mines supplement 2012

Postby Philski » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:51 am

This supplementary Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act (2012) is directed at the Tasmanian mining industry as an extra to already existing OHS legislation.

I am studying Australian OHS and Workplace health and safety legislation and practices. And, energy studies at the moment. And, its interesting and saddening to note Tasmania. Is still not on the same page as the rest of the country with a single universal streamlined OSH/WHS legislation. This government or next or even the one after that needs to act. including updating it to OHS/WHS

http://tinyurl.com/tas-ohs-mines-supplement-act

shanep

Re: OHS / WHS Mines supplement 2012

Postby shanep » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Tasmania is actually leading the way by adopting the 2012 legislation, states like WA have yet to

Philski

Re: OHS / WHS Mines supplement 2012

Postby Philski » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:27 am

Our miners OH&S gear and policy compliance is amazing. You guys do an amazing job at safety. There is no question of that. Its one of the safest industries to be in. It would just be nice for me if actually implementing it was more streamlined and productive than it is at present.

Our states record on serious Claims and injuries is far worse than any other states bar Qld. And while it was improving. For me its frustrating to have to read everything twice. Its a mammoth amount of legislation to cover. And that time would be better spent improving my workplace, than reading about it. i simply cant understand why we would would not want to adopt a standardised Australia wide legislation, like everyone else. With statistically better outcomes than we currently enjoy.