FAP Tasmanian Fossicking and Prospecting Association

Rules and regulations In Tasmania for prospecting

Moderator: Philski

townend66

Re: FAP Tasmanian Fossicking and Prospecting Association

Postby townend66 » Sat May 09, 2015 9:30 am

Hi.First post but i have been lurking for a few months. I think your proposal is a great idea and I am more than happy to be a paid member. I have only been interested in prospecting for a few months and as such my knowledge of regulations and prospecting in general is very limited so I doubt I would be much use on the board, but if it is only a name you need then I can help with that. Andy

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Awesome thank you Andy. We could, Once the association is formed. As an example, Become a sub branch of the PMAV and have people behind us with a proven track record for communicating with government and change. 4 people is all it takes and we finally got there, Im simply happy to get it going as well, it seems there are only 4 of us. I would have thought others would have been interested in its formation and direction. perhaps they will one day. If Miguel gets some lapidary people too would be great, WE are all in the same boat. And as has been shown, im not the best person to communicate with government. But then again, they have not responded to a single email from me. so perhaps im actually better at it, than than they are. Food for thought.

townend66

Postby townend66 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi Phil, let me know what you need and when you need it. I am based in Devonport so not to far to go to sort things out. Andy

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Sun May 10, 2015 3:16 pm

OK two logo ideas. If we're to be Tasmanian Prospectors Association:
LogoTPA-small.jpg
LogoTPA-small.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 416 times

Or instead Tasmanian Prospectors and Fossickers Association:
LogoTPFA.jpg
LogoTPFA.jpg (67.88 KiB) Viewed 416 times

Burbury

Postby Burbury » Sun May 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Count me in Phil. we are going to need a voice very soon from what i am hearing !
Cheers Burbury.

townend66

Postby townend66 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi mfdes, I like Tasmanian Prospecting and Fossickers Association. It includes a wider group and the more numbers there are the more influence we will have. Just my humble opinion. Andy

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun May 10, 2015 10:40 pm

hi all

I like the fossicking one for the same reasons. i can get any of the designs professionally made for us pretty easily and swiftly, at absolutely no cost.

This is one was outsourced for a local bowls club recently.
04.jpg
04.jpg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 406 times

if that helps. And thanks to the people that messaged. we now have the numbers for a Southern and Northern branch and as it grown even more, other areas across the state will have there own base.

The association is off and running. And im very thankful to everyone that helped get this started. Eureka ended up defining this country and mateship. And that was a handful of men, that had been pushed too far, by a greedy, uncaring few. They may have lost the battle, but never lost any respect in the process.

steely

Postby steely » Mon May 11, 2015 10:58 am

Hi Phil. Count me in. I totally agree with Miguel's suggestion & think a $20 annual fee is reasonable with perhaps a one off $20 join up.( $40 )
I feel people will take an active interest and have more input if they are paid up members . cheers.

Philski

Postby Philski » Mon May 11, 2015 1:42 pm

HI Your absolutely right. And we have enough people to get if going and enough entrepreneurial skill and talent between us to keep it rolling. Build relationships with other associations and groups in this state that will be affected by the same things like the geo park,,,, nobody knows about. If that goes ahead. Nobody, bushwalkers, prospectors, miners, environmentalists and the rest, will not be allowed to set foot in some major areas of this State. locked up forever.

Even though the same area is now chock a block full of nasty weeds like gorse and Scotch broom on the perimeter edging in closer and closer every season.. Because the same people "protecting it" are never actually in it for more than a few days a year, to help our natural environment survive in its supposed pristine environment. And, refuse to allow anyone to even remove these insidious weeds. Its on our licence. no veg, I have approvals from the weed management authority However,,, im the only person other than the WMA and local councils, i know in the entire area, trying to halt its spread. If anyone wonders why get a bit anti, and a bit politically incorrect at times, its for a good reason. (The powers that be call it English broom down here "Cytisus scopariuin" and the Southern states of Australia), the rest of the world,,, call it Scotch Broom and trying to get database info and research and cross reference it makes it twice as hard to combat. And when it and the gorse does eventually burn. it will be all over for every rainforest species within its range.

WE will all need to get together at some stage and set out guidelines, goals and policies etc. Online, in person, what ever. My ideal is an open transparent and honest association with clear goals and directions for everyone in this State.

Philski

PMAT - Prospectors and Miners Association of Tasmania

Postby Philski » Mon May 11, 2015 2:32 pm

i just spoke to the PMAV and they suggested some valid points about the association. And, its naming to make it inclusive of the many economic interests and the benefits to government it would bring. PMAT would cover it, and give it instant brand recognition Australia wide and make it a lot easier for us with existing policy and guidelines in place and the powerful body of the PMAV behind us to move forward. It would also make PMAV a national body. So we all benefit.

PMAT Prospectors and Miners Association of Tasmania?

What do you guys think?