Welcome to Tasmanian Prospectors Forum

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

Bushman

Re: Welcome to Tasmanian Prospectors Forum

Postby Bushman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello Tass prospecting community , I live in Brisbane and am going on holidays in your great state around January.Your site is fantastic with lots of info and sharing,I have spoken to Philski about my plans to look for gold.Hope to run into a few common minded people who would like to do some detecting and panning whilst I am there . Cheers Cam

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Cam thank you very much for joining and the messages.

im happy to help any interstate prospectors down here with locations etc. If i have time from work im also happy to travel statewide to assist. Others on this forum are extremely knowledgeable and considerate and im sure would gladly help you if needed too.

I have done a few day trips now with some awesome mainland prospectors and its a good opportunity to do up some maps etc to help you guys when you get here. "A Golden map of Tassie" :lol: ,,,, sort of. And gives me the chance to meet people i normally would never have the chance to meet in person and share knowledge and information. So we all win.

have a fantastic day
Phillip

Bushman

Postby Bushman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Sounds great mate ,be great to have a few days out with some locals .I have a 4000 and the ctx and if anyone wants to try them out just pm me .Also interested in sluicing panning and fishing , will be camping the whole trip so don't be shy .

Phantom

Postby Phantom » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi All
Thanks for the add, great forum glad I found it. I reside in the NE and if anyones ever chasing Topaz, Sapphires and Quartz over this way let me know. Also done lots of panning over west @ Corinna and surrounds when I was driving the Arcadia II on the mighty Pieman River. Been reading this forum heaps, some great info and stories from very experienced people :-) good to know im not the only one with "rocks in my head" so to speak..
Best Regards

Fox

Postby Fox » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 am

I'd like to take the opportunity to welcome our newest member, a true gentleman and without doubt, a
living legend amongst the Tasmanian mining and prospecting community and bringing with him a veritable wealth of knowledge and experience from many years in the industry.
This forum is growing stronger and richer by the day antI feel proud to be a part of it.
Thanks for joining and welcome, Ron Gregory.

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:50 pm

G'day all
I'm new here but find the reading interesting. We live in North west Tasmania. My wife and I had a trip to WA earlier this year (we have a son living over there) and had a crack at prospecting with Minelab detectors had a great time and actually found almost 2 oz of gold. We are going back next year for another go but at some stage would like to have a swing here in Tas. Didn't realise there was detectable gold here! Anyway I'll keep reading and hopefully join in on a trip sometime. Happy hunting everyone. Johnny