Slucie and Electirc Pump / Dredging

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

Trent

Slucie and Electirc Pump / Dredging

Postby Trent » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:10 pm

I was down at Dr's Rocks on Sunday and a guy down there was using a Sluice with an electric water pump hooked up to it to wash his sands through, A guy from MRT turned up doing license checks, so I thought this guy was busted but the MRT guy said nah its ok, its just basically panning we are not to fussed about that, If he was dredging then he would be in trouble unless he had a dredging license.

so they don't care about Sluices and you can get a dredging license ?

Cheers,
Trent.

acfish

Re: Slucie and Electirc Pump / Dredging

Postby acfish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Thats good news. i imagine most of the MRT people are pretty reasonable.
They can see by what you are doing that your intent is not do start a commercial sized operation on the beach. If we all just keep to digging reasonable sized holes, filling them in and not causing a nuisance, this hobby should stay under the green radar.

I am pretty sure you would need a mining lease to operate a dredge, in-spite of dearly loving to have a go on some of the big west coast rives with a floating unit and a hookah. Have to just move to new zealand.....
cheers,
Ac

Trent

Postby Trent » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Yeah cant wait to get up in to the river systems myself to have a crack.

Philski

Postby Philski » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:02 pm

That is fantastic news :) Coral had similar advice from MRT a few weeks ago as well. So its encouraging advice from them.

The only change i can see the new licence is its no longer required to take the licence with you. On the licence its not stated anywhere to carry it. The conditions where updated last week