Improved website

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Improved website

Postby Philski » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi all

The server is now hosted on a VPS (Virtual private server) and hopefully the website loads way faster than it did and seems to be performing better than it ever has.

i also started adding some user functionality to the site today. In your user profile up the top right when you log in, you can now see at a glance your post count, and what you look at, and when etc. Its not visible to anyone else.

I also added an SEO mod to change the title from viewforum_234&123.php (example) to something readable. You may see some coding errors today as i get stuff done, but it will only be for a short amount of time.

If you would like to see anything on here that would make your life better :D just let me know.

have a fantastic day
Phillip

drystone

Re: Improved website

Postby drystone » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:57 pm

thanks Philski:
the new look website is working well and looks the goods!
Drystone

Philski

Re: Improved website

Postby Philski » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:43 am

Hi

I thought it was about time i did a bit of SEO (search Engine optimization) to the site. Its ranking really well already and the small changes should see it on the top page for more terms related to gold prospecting. Ive been working on the term "gold prospecting" for a few weeks in the site and link building etc and the site snuck in at No10 on Google today for the term. No10 position is better than being in 7th-8th and 9th for click through rate, so im pretty happy with it. Over the coming months it will move higher. But will take time

i just gave myself a bit of a user name change today to help the site rank better on the internet search engines.. like google and yahoo. "Last post" was removed and replaced with "prospecting" Its a little bit smappy. without being too in your face about it hopefully.
This site is No:1 for "prospecting post" as an example. That's cool, no1,, woo hoo,, but nobody in a blue fit is going to search for the term ever. So it needed changing.

I also started do a website for my employer its only a rough up and has no real content yet. The owner has yet to buy his own domain name. so i loaded it on one of my own domain names. Its based on wordpress so he can easily add content as he see fit. And its very secure.

http://www.philski.com
if you get time check it out, and let me know what you think. if any of you would like a website just let me know.

Have a fantastic day
Phillip