[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tasmanian Prospecting • View topic - Keeping out the SPAM
  • Tasmanian Prospecting
    Tasmanian Prospecting Forum
Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 pm
Select variation:

Prospecting Forum

Keeping out the SPAM

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

by Philski » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:56 am

One of the most repetitive and boring parts of this website is keeping spammers out. I have had to block gmail and hotmail email address recently because the Chinese and Russian Spammers are using them to try and get in to this website. To sell erection pills and the like. i already have 6 kids and would prefer a mr floppy pill if they make them :cry:. And, really dont think i will ever need a fake Gucci handbag for anything worthwhile.

Anyway, I have a gmail account myself so it affects me too. I had a call from a gentleman in Hobart this morning and have unblocked gmail for the day so he can register. i will re-block it once he joins. there are no spammer members on here and we have never been spammed. so we are very lucky compared to most websites.

If you have a gmail or hotmail account or any other email account that's blocked on here and wish to join.
My home number is 64 911 841. Im home every morning, as i work evenings. I can unblock it straight away for you and re-block it once you join. Its a pain in the butt. And i do apologise. And i am working on a better way to do it, that will automatically send thousands of repetitive and extra large emails to the spammers address and simply never stop, so they are overloaded and hopefully crash. Spam the spammer, sort of thing. But for the moment simply blocking them out is the best way forward.

have a great day
Phillip
Philski

by Philski » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 pm

This is an image of todays spam. I go through each one and ban their entire ip block, then spam them, then delete them and wait till the next lot of spams arrives in my inbox. Im trying to work on a program that will spam them so often they wont be able to open there email without me being there.
spammer-list-24hr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Philski

by drystone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Yikes!
we get a small amount of spam email at home but nothing like that!
I don't envy your task of fighting them, but you're doing a good job
may the force be with you
regards,
drystone
drystone

Return to Prospecting Forum

User Menu

Login

Prospectors and Miners Association Of Tasmania
Sheffield Rifle Club