Keeping out the SPAM

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Keeping out the SPAM

Postby Philski » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:56 am

One of the most repetitive and boring parts of this website is keeping spammers out. I have had to block gmail and hotmail email address recently because the Chinese and Russian Spammers are using them to try and get in to this website. To sell erection pills and the like. i already have 6 kids and would prefer a mr floppy pill if they make them :cry:. And, really dont think i will ever need a fake Gucci handbag for anything worthwhile.

Anyway, I have a gmail account myself so it affects me too. I had a call from a gentleman in Hobart this morning and have unblocked gmail for the day so he can register. i will re-block it once he joins. there are no spammer members on here and we have never been spammed. so we are very lucky compared to most websites.

If you have a gmail or hotmail account or any other email account that's blocked on here and wish to join.
My home number is 64 911 841. Im home every morning, as i work evenings. I can unblock it straight away for you and re-block it once you join. Its a pain in the butt. And i do apologise. And i am working on a better way to do it, that will automatically send thousands of repetitive and extra large emails to the spammers address and simply never stop, so they are overloaded and hopefully crash. Spam the spammer, sort of thing. But for the moment simply blocking them out is the best way forward.

have a great day
Phillip

Philski

Re: Keeping out the SPAM

Postby Philski » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 pm

This is an image of todays spam. I go through each one and ban their entire ip block, then spam them, then delete them and wait till the next lot of spams arrives in my inbox. Im trying to work on a program that will spam them so often they wont be able to open there email without me being there.
spammer-list-24hr.jpg
24 jhh spam list
spammer-list-24hr.jpg (115.01 KiB) Viewed 664 times

drystone

Re: Keeping out the SPAM

Postby drystone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Yikes!
we get a small amount of spam email at home but nothing like that!
I don't envy your task of fighting them, but you're doing a good job
may the force be with you
regards,
drystone