prospecting buddy

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

kaner

prospecting buddy

Postby kaner » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:28 pm

have good four wheel drive and latest detector technology. Looking for like minded person with experience.

admin
Site Admin

Re: prospecting buddy

Postby admin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi im keen to go prospecting/detecting any Monday or Tuesday. A lot of people are spread out across the state so always someone close. Im in the North West.

have a great day
Phillip

Joris

Postby Joris » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm in..

Nice chat on Friday by the way Mike

kaner

Postby kaner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm

G;day. Im hoping to head out paradise creek meridith range way in a couple off weeks, if anyone interested in coming along on a trip - just let me know .
Have been out paradise creek before without much success. however there is a lot of ground to cover,there are also a couple of pools in river worth a close look with a wetsuit, the 49rs couldnt get in them so you never know your luck.
Would also like to check track out that goes up Mt Meridith.
would also be interested in going out to the rocky river,hopefully Whyte river is slowing down by now.
I am open to go anywhere, just getting a bit over going by my self.

Philski

Postby Philski » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Nice one,, did you know? The Paradise River alluvial field is on the other side of the Pieman River on the big bend? South of the area i think the Tasmanian diamonds came from? a small high temp Lamproite pipe. The road in from Tullah is the best if you want to get to the area or Corinna and take the fatman across.
And last time i drove it (Bastion Dam way, 3 weeks ago) i saw a "Huge" quartz vein exposed for all to see on the south side of the road under mount lindsay.. . I didnt have time to sample it. But its a whopper, a good foot across.
if its on a Monday or Tuesday.. i can, and will most probably be there anyway

i know the area very well, From reports to the apprentice at work drilling the rocky river and lucy spur area for Venture minerals a few years ago so very good info, and i have done North from the Whyte River to Sabbath Creek on mount Donaldson on Ron Gregory's lease. I guess 50 square km covered already and permissions to do it. cool huh.

Ron does not have the lease on the area at Paradise and it was under ERA last year but am unsure if anyone pegged it. The most productive area is the head waters of Lucy Creek on the Rocky river side . That ridge runs the same direction as the Arther Lineament running through from Trial Harbor to Doctors Rocks and reminds me of Bonds Range and Black Bluff and its Tabberabberan orogeny. You need a boat and the path in is on the left of the bank. And the way in is overgrown and hard to find. (Lucy Creek)

Or you could hit the other side and prospect virgin (Detected) ground and nearly drive up to it - then walk through low shrubs after a bit of bush bashing to get in.

have a great day
Phillip

kaner

Postby kaner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm

didnt know,would like to go there, need a canoe ,have been thinking about getting one .
Had too look twice got my rivers and creeks mixed up.where would you like to go.

kaner

Postby kaner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

would like to head out there and have a look just let me know when you are going my work hours are flexible,
like most havnt been out all winter so very keen to head out.if interested give us a call 62597078

Philski

Postby Philski » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 pm

The other side of the Pieman. Do you have a detector? there wont be any water at a guess, Its a terrace they mined but am pretty sure the area produced nuggets. i Need to look up reports again. Ralph Bottrill thinks the placer gold is East of Timbs creek, but Ron Gregory and i have found crystalline Gold well West of there. Im after Alluvial Gold atm and any terrace material left is better to me than a well worked creek bed. But i have found good cubic gold in the area.

Its still open to pure unexplored prospecting too. As a prime example BHP did a magnetics flight in the 1970's and found 90 anomalies. They only managed to get to 30 of them. So hard going, but still.. And the other side of the river. Nobody really goes their to prospect i know of..

kaner

Postby kaner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 pm

that sounds really promising have a gpx 5000

Philski

Postby Philski » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Great, I have tomorrow off, and next week can, the week after is my 10th wedding anniversary week, and She who i love wont be a happy camper if i go anyplace at all even remotely fun. But, its a definite prospect. And lightly looked over area too.

home Sheffield 64 911 841

Night
Phillip