prospecting buddy

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

kaner

Re: prospecting buddy

Postby kaner » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:30 pm

look forward to it have written your number down,will give you a call towards the end of this week
thanks.
kane

kaner

Postby kaner » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Hello starry im down south,southern midlands,be heading up through queeny.
Sorry i cant be off help.
Whats wrong with ya wheels?

kane

gold4c

Postby gold4c » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Phil and Kaner, sounds like a great trip to me, been wanting to get to this area for so long, let me know if this becomes a reality and would love to join in if dates are good for me... would need a seat in as my subaru outback wouldn't cut it haha
cheers Coral

gold4c

Postby gold4c » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi again, just read Mike's post.. I could take you down as far as my car would take us then if a 4x4 is needed I am no help, I am in Railton
Cheers Coral

Philski

Postby Philski » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi all

Coral has a gpx5000000 too! Now, i really feel under equipped. :)

I just had a chat with Kane on the phone and if its okay with him? i can give you both a lift down if needed. No need for a 4x4 - its walk in off the road to the Paradise river gold field. unless you guys meant Lucy creek / Rocky River side? If thats the case. I work at Corinna downstream a bit and could arrange a lift upriver///// :) Its a fair bit of ground to cover but looks open and most probably on quartzite.

i am hoping to go Next Monday and or Tuesday depending on weather etc. They are the only days i have off till after Christmas i would think.

i will go over reports this week. I have never heard mention of the gold size from that field.

taken from http://www.mrt.tas.gov.au/mrtdoc/tasxpl ... report.pdf
"Much of the area is not well serviced by tracks and may at present only be accessible by
foot or by helicopter"

The above report is based on research and the extensive work BHP did in the 1970s for stream sediment sampling Pretty much every single creek that was accessible in the area has been sampled, some only a single pan full though and some had whopper returns. The above tenement misses this Paradise ridge thing by meters. And the tenement must have elapsed because im on some of it to the North of the Whyte River across Savage river and up into mount Donaldson.

This Bassmetals report is from 2005 and while on the other side of the river transects many of the gold bearing features that follow into the spurs to the west
http://www.mrt.tas.gov.au/mrtdoc/tasxplor/download/10_6010/20091202_SAB_AnnualReport.pdf

The yellow squares are visible scrapings and known workings. the Green Squares are about 5km apart to get an idea of distance so a good hours walk in. I also spotted a vehicular track marked in black squiggle off the main road to Corinna. The purple X's on each point / major inside bend in the river are areas i think would be worth a look for terraces.

kaner

Postby kaner » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Many hands make light work,we should be able to cover alot of ground and trebble our chances of colour.
Hopeing weather is kind .
Im going to head up sunday morning and spend the afternoon having alook around Mt lindsay,anyone welcolme.

kane

Philski

Postby Philski » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Nice, Thanks Kane,
Coral and Mike are both super awesome people and im sure 100% we will do good. The Paradise Spur is an unknown, I would guess the northern most spur in the Forrest would contain the most gold if any benches/terraces are left to work, as its the first natural trap after a well known gold producing creek at Lucy. But looks like a hard slog in and looks to be totally under hydro control.

The other area over the river on the same formation is Nancy Creek at approx the same level as lucy. Other minerals noted on the other side of the Pieman are Copper and Iron. Copper to me is zonal and outside golds first horizon and before its second. It has 2 major Granite emplacements either side, Meridith and Heemskirk, and another towards Trial, (edit* the trial harbour one is the Heemskirk Granite pluton) so it could run any direction. i Dont know, i have never been over there for a look. But dearly want to. As a real Bonus the Whole area is not under are tenement or lease or restriction, apart from the hydro. The areas in red i have permission to be on, the red one on the left i have half done in 5 years or so. The one next to that towards the West coast is frontier resources / torque Minerals and we have permission from them too. so a whopping part of Tas on the West Coast

Philski

Postby Philski » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 pm

hi all

i just read the annual report of mining in Tas 1934 and it looks like the spur on the other side of Paradise River is an iron ore deposit. Savage River has Gold on every side of its Magnatite scarn, so its not unreasonable. The Rocky river has an iron ore deposit too. But i cant find any mention of Gold coming from it over on the spur. They got Gold out of the Paradise river opposite (approx 50 men) in times of low rain fall to get to the bottom of the wash and Lucy Creek alluvial up the top is 35-45 feet deep. and Nancy creek in between. The Gold was stratified down the bottom of the wash there. It also talked about them re-working the Rocky river.

Perhaps Greys, Main Rivulet, bald Hill?

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

We are going to detect down near Zeehan and not savage river area/ Its about half way for all of us to travel and the next Target is for when we have time and the river is down enough to cross. Its exciting. RR
Kane would like to meet at 9am at the Zeehan turn off. I know many people from Zeehan and will contact them tomorrow to pinpoint the area better. Its a known nugget area.

im guessing we need to leave Railton at about 6.15am - penguin at 7.00am or so and then head down.

kaner

Postby kaner » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:45 pm

Sounds good phil, see you there on tuesday, any change drop me a line 0410026496.
Ill be in a white landrover defender.
I plan on leaving tommorrow morning so if anyone wants too come up and have a look around just give me a tingle.