channel trip

Gold gem and treasure Prospecting trips in and around Tasmania.

Moderator: Philski

dug

channel trip

Postby dug » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:37 pm

I've got myself a new turbopan, and it needs to be broken in. So I was thinking a day trip down the channel might be in order.
I've had a dig around forsters rivulet a few years back and found a few small specks. This time a might give little oyster cove creek a go, and where it drains out into the bay. Might also give to bay at forsters a pan as well. It would be nice to give my homemade bazooka sluice a crack, but I i'm not sure if I will find a suitable spot for it.

has anyone on the forum had a look down that way? I always welcome advice ;)

Dug

mfdes

Re: channel trip

Postby mfdes » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi dug,

A friend had a go many years ago. He found pretty much zilch. I'd be interested to hear how you go. I used to live in Woodbridge and prospected some of those creeks, for no result.

ron

Postby ron » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Dug

let me know if you can catrch up on weekdays, as my weekends are non existent for such activities at the moment.
0457 457 028 have a few friends that maybe interested as well.

cheers
Ron (Claremont)

dug

Postby dug » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:17 am

Hi Ron, I'm heading down for an explore today. It's only going to be a quick trip round to have a look before I have to get back and pick my kids up from school.

I'm free most Wednesdays and Fridays so if you are keen for a day trip we'll have to catch up. I haven't done much gold prospecting and just a little more gem fossicking up the NE.

acfish

Postby acfish » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Hello guys,
send me a text and ill give you the number of the property owner of the land surrounding the forester riv.
If you ask permission, and have no dogs etc, he should let you go access the creek through Guddens rd /quoll lane etc.
cheers Andrew
o4o3233396

mids0n

Postby mids0n » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Any luck here guys? I'd love to hear that someone has actually found something down that way