moina next friday

Gold gem and treasure Prospecting trips in and around Tasmania.

Moderator: Philski

admin
Site Admin

Re: Moina next friday

Postby admin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:56 pm

i have Friday early afternoons off. so count me in.. :)

i found an unworked channel in my break with the detector only today in one of the feeder streams entering Narrawa Creek, way up the top,and would have to run through the All Nations mine about 5 meters distant to the main creek it is. It was like hitting a rainbow with the detector. Hopefully it runs some distance.

So all the above and if you want a go a trenching. i have a nice spot.

Trent

Re: moina next friday

Postby Trent » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Benmick if you still got room can I tag along please got that day off of work.

Trent

Postby Trent » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Cheers, Just let me know where and when and I will be there, got a detector, pans and sluice cant wait. :D

Trent

Postby Trent » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Hope the Weather is like this.... Sun I forgot how awesome you are :D

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:34 pm

i should know my roster tonight so will let you know times on Friday. i hope to spend a few days with Kane tomorrow onwards. They are working on Dolcoath at the moment so im leaving it alone. They sound like they are hammering near the all nations mine day before yesterday. Second road to the right on the lemonthyme road. My target up there last week was a stack of detonators and fuse :o

They blew up the all nations about 10 years ago to make access to the mine impossible. it cracked the bisthmus creek fault it was so big. So perhaps the dets came from that event. dont know, but im staying away, till i know more about what they are doing and for how long. Wolframite may not be as glamorous as gold but at $46 a KG its worth more than scallops and is plentiful up there.

Also, Tourque Mining started trucking the first shipments of gold and bismuth Alluvium out of Stormont this week. So watch for Trucks on the Shepard Murphy mine road if your using that way in.
I heard 5 oz per ton. but read 5 grams per ton. perhaps the later is more correct. still profitable even after trucking it to Beaconsfield. The road into old Moina has been upgraded for the mine and is in great condition at the moment.

anyway, have a great day
Phillip

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Amazing, i have the report for that map but have never seen the map. i will bring the report up.
I am working 7 days next week. But have from 2.30 to 4.30 on the field on Friday. just let me know the approx area and i will find you. or if you want to meet at the shop at moina. what ever is easiest for you guys.

have a fantastic week all and thanks Ben. :) top stuff..

Kindest Regards
phillip

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:33 am

Yep Federal hotels shut it down about 6-7 years ago. Then brought the East of the town for staff "from away mostly" nice one. And they killed the town of Moina in the process. They had awesome pies at moina. milk, petrol etc, it supported a family and a local community. th bstrds,,

im not sure if the Farrells are related to the Farrell mining family of Tullah's Mount Farrell fame or not. Tom? i need to ask. Be interesting if they are.

see you at the shop.. :)

Trent

Postby Trent » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:42 pm

Lol think I am going to learn abit spending time with you guys cant wait ;)

Trent

Postby Trent » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Oh and as I have the day off what ever time you want to head up is fine with me benmick. have nothing else planned.

Razorback

Postby Razorback » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Nice research, I have been out there, mainly scratching around Ti Tree creek, actually didn't think to take the detector.

Cant really do week days cos of work mostly, but now the weather is fining up Im always up for something on the weekend.

Good luck if you go Friday, looks like a good chance at a relic around the old buildings and such. ;)