Cradle Mountain Granite Tor WHA ERA

Gold gem and treasure Prospecting trips in and around Tasmania.

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Cradle Mountain Granite Tor WHA ERA

Postby Philski » Thu May 15, 2014 12:41 am

hi all

Im not sure if anyone is interested? Granite tor has come up under ERA. Its a 2 month window for us to get in and search some of the most productive and mineral rich and remote areas in our state. What can you find? no idea! but who cares. Its Off limits normally. The area west of tullah had fire last year. I saw it. But, i don't know the depth of the fire or if it hit the other side of the lake.

ERA998 is nuzzled in the far NW of the WHA and has been protected for 30 years or so, To the west is mount Farrell, with its silver lead deposits running down every cross cut fault. You can clearly see the lines in Mount Farrell and below everyone is a silver mine. From the Murchison fault, seen on the second bridge towards rosebery. To the North East is Cradle Mountain. Its woop woop country but pretty close to Tullah. And has been protected regional reserve for ages so normally way off limits and there are old prospects in the Brougham River and South East is Mount Ossa. Big country and a unique opportunity to push the boundary of the WHA in a place not many people have ever walked. The area may have remnants of Emmets and VDL tracks from Mole Creek and the Daisy Dell via the vale, Lorinna etc. We could even set off down the vale. How awesome would that be.

The area can be accessed on foot from the lake edge. If the lake is down it would be easy. Or Boat even easier, or fly. not cheap. $1500 for two people. Its about 10 km in and out. perhaps more

why is this area important? Its in the middle of the West coast Range and Mount Reed Volcanics and the WHA boundary. Its also controlled and run by a rubbed up international UNESCO committee thousands of Km from Tasmania and some of them would not have even set foot on this island to appreciate it. As long as its WHA. Tasmanian's do not control it. And, i know all about the "local" WHA committee. Pack of self interested gold digging, bum licking opportunists. WHA. the whole area is covered in Our Prospecting tracks, but that important heritage has been or is trying to be wiped from history. It wont happen like that. The overland track is an internationally important prospecting track degregated by tourists and the whole area should be opened up to artisanal prospecting and historians at the least. Before even more Tasmanian heritage and knowledge is gone. Its the reason the area was first explored.

Earth view of the area from Barn Bluff 27 seconds is the area in general.
http://tinyurl.com/barnbluff

https://www.google.com/maps/@-41.694907 ... 3?hl=en-US

it will be cold.

Philski

Re: Cradle Mountain Granite Tor WHA ERA

Postby Philski » Thu May 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi all, look like a bit of a dud, sorry. i read a few reports and the area has Pb, Zn, As, Bi, Co.
No mention of Cassiterite or Au. I was expecting the granite to produce those things in zones. Silver was also thin on the ground. Bismuth is interesting because i always find it with gold.

Magnetics: The Ridge to the North East of Brougham River looks the most promising with 2 nice anomalies in the catchments leading down to the river. And the prospects below in the river would be driven by them. Its a good distance away from the Granite plutons exposure. And under 300 meters from where you could dock a tinny. But i dont want to come home with a bucket of lead either?

Modern: They drilled a bit of gold west of the lake last year. But, must have been further south. I did read it in the Advocate. But, i don't remember the company or know the exact location.

Historically, This area was a thoroughfare for the west coast. The tracks from the north eventually lead down to sterling creek. Then up over an eastern spur of Mount black into Rosebery. That track is still visible and walkable in places. It was also explored to cut a train track from Waratah to Rosebery? apparently or may have been an alternate Emu Bay railway track?