our boys away

Gold gem and treasure Prospecting trips in and around Tasmania.

Moderator: Philski

Philski

our boys away

Postby Philski » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 am

I had a call last night from our boys away and they are doing good..Multiple oz gold and 250 grams of specimen gold. Twenty thousand big ones for the month or so, but not in the expected places, a bit under a 0.5Kg of gold... but still.. im more worried they have enough water than gold..

well done and god speed to them all. An expedition that covers 6 states in total. And this is the first. FNQ rocks,

Its worth remembering Tasmanian's discovered the first payable gold fields in NZ and second and where the first to prospect Victoria before anyone else, .Its a shame they would be and are ostracised here in Tasmania today.

Fox

Re: our boys away

Postby Fox » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:13 am

Hi Phil and everyone, we three Vandemonians have finally reached Broome WA for a well earned break from 3 hard months of prospecting. Contrary to public opinion, we have not hit the big time yet but are doing ok. Burbury has nailed 28 gms, his bro Laterite managed to snag 101 gms and I have 57 gms plus another 60 gms ( estimated ) from 300 gms specimens running an average of around 20% by weight Au.
This makes about 8 oz between us.
The plan is to head down to Marble Bar and work the goldfields South to Kalgoorlie. Then across to the Golden Triangle in Vic for a few weeks and back home about mid November.

Cheers, Fox

wood

Postby wood » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27 am

living the dream uses dirty rotten lucky bastards

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:40 am

That's awesome to hear Fox.
I'd be happy not hitting the big time. I don't enjoy having gold the same as I enjoy finding it!
Miguel