corrina trip

Gold gem and treasure Prospecting trips in and around Tasmania.

Moderator: Philski

wood

corrina trip

Postby wood » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:08 pm

hi all this is a good news story if u see a big man with a big grin and covered in bling thats our mate damien at deloraine after getting the fever at the rocky river working bee an a near divorce he purchaseed a new sdc2300 so off to corrina we go with the guidance of me an drystone he sets up we tell him to bugger off whist we do sum serious prospecting we laugh too our selves whilst watching him fly around like a mad woman two hours later our friend comes running back big smile covered in sweat an shows us a nugget 1.6 grammer the best i had seen in tassie after we all calmed down we send the prick back me and drystone keep panning an think beginners luck hour goes by an hes back 0.8 grammer by now me an drystone an our new best friend think we better have a look at damiens patch after carful searching we got another 1 grammer plus 2 more sub grammers a total of 4.5 grams from his patch not much colour in the pans just the pickers so i dont know the moral of this story but there must be one anyway cheers everyone an its still out there wood

mfdes

Re: corrina trip

Postby mfdes » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Awesome, well done!
Some of us had a similar experience at Paradise Creek (no decent nuggets though), the only got we gold were a few pickers, here and there, but no fine gold.

drystone

Re: corrina trip

Postby drystone » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 pm

As a footnote to the story by Wood, we have tried everything to emulate Damien's excellent first effort, even rubbing his belly for golden luck (like a Buddha) but suspect there must be a delayed reaction as further nuggets have yet to surface....
Every detectorist has his day however :)
drystone