website upgrade almost back to normal

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

Philski

website upgrade almost back to normal

Post by Philski » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am

Hi all

i finally made some inroads on this update. Yeah. you should be able to log in again for old members and new ones will need to reregister. i emailed the latest database save (backup) from the 2nd of April 2018 to myself and will try from the West coast while im at work to get it back to today's date this week. The forum, posts and members are from 2 years ago. its not perfect but the best i can get it after nearly 3 weeks of trying.

once again i do appologise for the delay and the inconvenience caused. It was not intentional. There is a lot of very useful local info on the site and it would be tragic to lose it.

have a great day
Phillip

karl

Re: website upgrade almost back to normal

Post by karl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Good luck with it Phil. I logged-in OK and understand some of the problems with phpBB. At least you backed-up the database. I would say don't stress about it.

Philski

Re: website upgrade almost back to normal

Post by Philski » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:13 am

Hi im not stressed just annoyed it took me so long. normally the update is straight forward but this was really hard to mesh for some reason. i tried to put the last database backup on from down here yesterday and the internet i get is shockingly bad even with bigdump it hung up on me constantly. its incredibly lucky i saved a backup on my computer at home just before the change. i normally save them to mediafire and they had a big clean out and all the old backups are gone. i found this one from a couple of years ago on the same computer thankfully.

anyway, on a prospecting note i got myself a detector and new coil from minersden today. so should be out and about in a week or two swinging like a mad thing. i also found a extensive interview with Owen Meredith. He pegged the first claim on the west coast in the 1880's at Heemskirk really interesting and informative read. will post it once the site is back to normal and back up to date.

have a great day
Phillip