Doctors Rocks / wynyard update

Gold gem and treasure Prospecting trips in and around Tasmania.

Moderator: Philski

admin
Site Admin

Doctors Rocks / wynyard update

Postby admin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:46 pm

HI all

i have found a fantastic place to detect. Shhh!. State forest, no mining leases for miles and no private property either. Nothing but rave reviews on gold in reports. And to top it off, West of it is all brand new ERA. So open to us too. I love Tasmania..

if we can meet at doctors rocks at 8.30 am on Monday. Low tide is at 8.55 am so a bit of time to meet greet and get ready. and low again at 9pm, if you guys want a full day of prospecting?

if your there the day before, Low tide is at 8:05am on Sunday (1.2 meters) Sunday night has a 0.6 tide at 8.19pm, . Once the tide comes in we can be off into the hills. And still be within an hour of an airport if we need to go the the WA mint in a hurry. hopefully..

have a great day
Phillip

gold4c

Re: Doctors Rocks / wynyard update

Postby gold4c » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Count me in Phill for Monday, have had a weeks break and its time I was back out in the field... can't wait :D

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 pm

HI Coral

im returning to work on Wednesday and Monday works wonderfully for me.
Monday tide time is 12.53pm 0.6 meters weather looks to be strengthening NW winds and rain/showers on the day. if you want to car pool just drop me a line, happy to go for a few hours or all day/night.

i was only thinking of it today. The tide was super low in Devonport today and the first thing i though of was doctors rocks

have a great day
Phillip

gold4c

Postby gold4c » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:56 pm

As it will be low tide at 1pm we will get there at about 10am as there are some crevices waiting for us and probably stay there until 3ish as our area of getting gold isn't so reliant on total low tide. Won't go bush this time as I am seeing tooooo many snakes out and about, I'll wait until their breeding season is over :!:

Philski

Postby Philski » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:28 pm

HI Coral
sorry i didnt make it today. We are getting solar installed and needed to be here for the loan stuff.
Im going up tomorrow so hope you had a good day today.

Phillip

gold4c

Postby gold4c » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi, was a good day at Doctors, 36 pieces, wish they were all in one piece then I would have a nice size nugget for Tas... there were a couple of other prospectors there today but hadn't found any, they were digging at the low tide mark. Next trip is to Moina but haven't locked the day in as yet, think I will take the 5000 and check a few likely spots along the Wilmot.. cheers