Metallurgy making metal

Metallurgy

The science of Turning rocks into Metal. Crushing, grinding, concentrating, pre roasting and smelting of ores into valuable metallic products and biproducts. Covering Hydrometallurgy, Pyrometallurgy, leaching, the environment, thermodynamics and science and energy.

Moderator: Philski

admin
Site Admin

Metallurgy making metal

Postby admin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 pm

i thought i might have a section on Metallurgy. Ore Dressing, Crushing, grinding, flotation, sintering, smelting, electrolysis and leching and ultimately producing high or higher purity metal that we stated with. If anyone wants to smelt there own ore or do some electrolysis on some minerals you have found and want to turn into shiny stuff. This area may just help. Im only a Metallurgy student. And while i did it to enhance my own geological knowledge. I have found it to be a most fascinating and challenging subject.

If there is anything you would like to know equation wise. just ask. I can try and help. Im sure there are people here that work in the industry. that can be of more assistance with real life issues, My learning is theoretical.

Some places metallurgists work in Tassie. Temco, Bell bay. Rennison Bell, Hellier, Port latta and Hobart.