Couple of weeks in the creek NE Tasmania

Tasmanian Gemstone and mineral specimen Prospecting

Moderator: Philski

digginhard

Couple of weeks in the creek NE Tasmania

Postby digginhard » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:35 pm

These will be in the post soon in hope a few can be cut.Largest is a 10.5ct dark blue.Will be my second lot.Will wait till see how the first lot comes back I think.
sapphire 10.jpg
couple of weeks

Rockape

Re: Couple of weeks in the creek NE Tasmania

Postby Rockape » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey Digginhard.
Nice collection of sapphires , specially that 10.5ct :D

Cheers Jason

digginhard

Postby digginhard » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks for coming out for a dig today rockape,Jason.Nice to have someone to chat too and all that beauty in one Tasmanian creeks is a hell of a waste on one person.Welcome anytime mate.cheers

blisters

Postby blisters » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 am

Hey nice one digginhard. Nice to see you getting rewards for the effort! Have you been getting any of our nice glacial blue topaz in the hunt, and where are you sending your stones to be cut if you dont mind me asking? Ive talked to another guy who sends them to Lamberts to have them cut in thialand. He hasnt had any probs with his smallers ones, but he wont send any of his bigger good stones over, because he says you sometimes dont get back the ones that you sent. A little bit of the switch-er-oo has snuck into the game over there he reckons, and the wife and i need to get some packages done as well so would be interested to see how you go!

Rockape

Postby Rockape » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Thanks for the invite mick,had a good day. Did you have a good day at the office today?

Cheers Jason

digginhard

Postby digginhard » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Gday pan4blisters.Yes mate I sent a lot over to lamberts and time will tell I guess.Ill let you know the damage in 3 months or so.As for the blue topaz ive got one lousy piece and I got that on the first day I ever went out.Ive got plenty of other clear to yellowy type gear but nothing blue has hit my sieve since that first one.I added a letter to my parcel going to lamberts letting them know I was testing their services and that a top gemoligist would be checking the stones on return.I also told them I had a big bag full and that their work on the first batch would determine if they got more work from me and the wink wink dozens of fossickers waiting to see the results who also had bags full of stones needing a haircut.Rockape,mate you missed all the glory today brother.At least a dozens stones of all good sizing and id say the biggest would be a nice dark green clear beast of at least 5cts.Plenty of really nice blue colours though most a bit clouded like a bomb went off.Pretty good day really.Must say also that I was getting 2ct zircon chunks which was a bonus.Ok so its time to go stare at the stones and have thoughts of grandeur in anticipation of tomorrows hunt.Leaving Derby at 9,all welcome.cheers