Moderator: Philski

Pocketbuster

My QLD Sapphires and Zircons

Postby Pocketbuster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 pm

20180111_182451.jpg
Tomohawk creek and Graves hill QLD sapphires
20180111_182614.jpg
Tomohawk creek and Graves Hill Zircons
Gday all thought I'd share some photos of my sapphires from the Central Queensland Gem feilds not the best photos and not the best stones but it's a start and great to get some greens but I'm keen to hit up the north east of tassie when I get home in afew months

Cheers Chris :D

blisters

Re: My QLD Sapphires and Zircons

Postby blisters » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Hey Chris. They are a slack lot of users on this forum who like just sitting on the fence not contributing but willing to take all the infomation that they can!!!...Thanks for posting those pics of the qld stones. Looks like some nice colours in amongst them. Any size to them as its a bit hard to tell from your pics.

Pocketbuster

Re: My QLD Sapphires and Zircons

Postby Pocketbuster » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:24 pm

That's alright mate and yes it certainly seems that way unfortunately all the stones I have are under 1ct but I have one that is 1.6ct a green sapphire I think it might cut I'm not sure what part of tassie are you in I'm in Hobart but I'm keen to travel around the state prospecting when I get back I've just borrowed a book from a friend I was reading about tassie and sais there is gem quality Green tourmaline on Mt Montgomery near penguin if your interested in that