Relics from early Tasmania eara and Victoria goldfields.

Coin and Treasure hunting in Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Dazza

Relics from early Tasmania eara and Victoria goldfields.

Postby Dazza » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi all dazza here , I have just been shown how to enter picks onto the forum , thanks to my daughter and phillip,over the years I have been coin and relic hunting with my minelab sovereign GT , I personally recon it one of the best coin detectors on the market, when I'm not swinging my 5000 around moligal , for a change of pace I go around the old timers mud brick foundations and find relics of the past ,these are only some of them,I'll show the coins another time, this Boxing Day will be my 8th trip, I go over for 2 weeks every year, can't wait for Chrissy,some of these have come from around Tasmania mostly around old sites, very good detecting around the east coast as it was a very early settled area .happy detecting and stay safe , Dazza.
Attachments
table.jpg
table.jpg (164.64 KiB) Viewed 994 times

whitehunter

Re: Relics from early Tasmania eara and Victoria goldfields.

Postby whitehunter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 am

Good collection Dazza . Couple of beaut barrel taps there , good pile of buttons too . I have the exact same buckle as the one at the bottom right , circular with leaf type surround . Wish i could find the other half !

Dazza

Re: Relics from early Tasmania eara and Victoria goldfields.

Postby Dazza » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi whitehunter, I got most of the old buttons from around the Vick goldfields , lots of them there, the old barrel sprig gets came from around Stanley here in tas the buckles from bruny island,most of my oldest coins I have detected come from bruny as we'll , I'll show them soon, Dazza.