Lost Ring,, Need Help - North East Tasmania

Coin and Treasure hunting in Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Lost Ring,, Need Help - North East Tasmania

Postby Philski » Wed May 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi all

I had a call from a lady today that is in need of someone with a metal detector in the NE of the state if Possible? She was with a group of friends and has lost some of her jeweller (ring) and it holds a good deal of sentimental value to her. And she was Wondering? if anyone from up that way would be able to assist her?

Her Name is Alison
Her Phone Number is 0408144957

She sounds like a splendid lady on the Phone to me and normally i would go get it for her myself, but have to be back down the West Coast tomorrow so cant help for a week or more.

any assistance is most appreciated.

Phillip

whitehunter

Re: Lost Ring,, Need Help - North East Tasmania

Postby whitehunter » Fri May 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi Phil , i rang her last night and we will meet up next week to try and find it . Will update you on success or otherwise .

whitehunter

Postby whitehunter » Wed May 27, 2015 9:42 pm

A mate and i went to Ansons bay today to find Alison's ring . We gridded the area off with ropes and started searching . After an hour we had checked out most of the likely area when there was a scream from the unsearched part , she had found the ring with the Mk 1 eyeball ! She was very happy and we were happy for her but have to admit we were slightly disappointed that we didn't find it for her .

Philski

Postby Philski » Thu May 28, 2015 12:37 am

HI mate.. thank you so much for looking for her. I bet she was ecstatic at finding it. A lot of sentimental value in it for sure. I know the feeling with the eyeballing too.. i took one of the kids treasure detecting a month or 2 ago and he got more money off the ground looking, than i did swinging the detector. lol

It sounds like you had a fantastic plan to give yourselves the best chance of finding it. And got it back, that's a fantastic outcome. And If ever i can help you, just ask.

Night
Phillip