Beaconsfield relics???

Coin and Treasure hunting in Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

junkhunter

Re: Beaconsfield relics???

Post by junkhunter » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Hope this link works Dave ,the article is by Mark Williams . Have not had a chance to try it out yet myself but it sounds like being the go for chasing the $$$ . Yep love that high tone on silvers and goldies . https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabb ... in-hunting

karl

Post by karl » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:21 pm

I live in the beacy area and use a minelab x-terra. Doubt you will find any gold in the hills most of which are covered by a current lease. Some relics about and lots of junk. I'm getting to know the area quite well. I saw a guy detecting a building site in the main street a couple of weeks ago. This is not the US where the detectors come out when they tear-up and reseal the main road.

You can get in contact if you want...

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:39 am

Nice work

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 pm

IMG_2770.jpg
Found a funny photo from my mining days in WA. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one always gets away!

alwayslookin

Post by alwayslookin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Good to see you are finding a bit. I met a fellow a few years ago up that way that has been smashing the area with a CTX3030 , we compared notes and seemed like he had been everywhere. I am down at Exeter and do a bit of prospecting and detecting, let me know if you want to catch up for a chat or a bit of a look around . Cheers

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm

20180717_151356.jpg
Luckily he only had a CTX ;) Just kidding. Found a few spots he must have missed and have found that the equinox can pick up on a good target even in really trashy areas. Some spots round here you get about 10 signals per swing in all metal mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tassie gold

Post by tassie gold » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 pm

some nice finds there dave,very similar to what im finding around the Georgetown area at the moment.
Love to have an Equinox as well here to as its said to be a great detector for the beaches.
I use a Goldmonster 1000 and it performs great although a bit chirpy on the beach.....mark

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Haven't been up that way yet, the nox seems to work it's best on the beach. And it's easy to dig which is always a bonus. How have you been doing on the gold? I've tried a few spots round here and at lefroy with the equinox in gold mode but found that I have to turn the gain down so low to get it to run quietly that I'd be lucky to find the welcome stranger at more than a couple of inches. Lefroy seems to be less mineralized than beaconsfield but haven't found a single bit yet.

tassie gold

Post by tassie gold » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Had a bit of a swing around Beaconsfield recently but found nothing,must have a longer look around there soon.
Will be at Lefroy in about 4 weeks time to detect on private property,got permission from owner so hope i find something there.
Anyway Gold is where you find it ,so never give up looking

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:03 pm

You got that right Tassie gold, most of the stuff I've got panning has been in the last places I expected to find it. Guess all the obvious stuff was cleaned out 150 years ago and you have to think outside the square to find a honey hole these days. Bring on tax return time , I think I'll be investing in a PI Detector this year so I've got all bases covered.