WEBSITE DOWN

Tasmanian Prospecting Forum

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Re: WEBSITE DOWN

Postby Philski » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Thanks Starry, and im so very sorry to everyone. i have had a very stressful week trying to get it all back online. i never imagined in a million years the host going kar-ploop and that is exactly what it did. I think i said a week or so ago if ever it did,,, and hey presto,, It had 495 websites on it at the time, so a lot of people would be pretty upset this week i guess. Most would lose the lot. so we are pretty lucky

anyway, i got it back, and seems to be functioning as it should and have a backup hosting plan just in case.
Silly internet. the only change i made was to put the forum on the domain instead of the sub folder. /forum

have an awesome week and thanks to all for waiting so long//

night
Phillip

bandit

Postby bandit » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Thanks for your hard work in getting the forum up again

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

We are on a new VPS server finally. It took 52 hours for the Domain name to propagate and resolve on the web again. And we now run though a cloud firewall via www.cloudflare.com to stop spammers and hopefully improve the website speed. It happened the same time the Syrian network went down/ So may have something to do with that? The virtual private server costs 10 times more than the last host. I have never asked for a cent, its all coming out of my own pocket. Putting your money where your mouth is. The Cloud server also makes this site mobile ready. and a fair bit smarter than most. Other than that, this should resolve all problems we experienced before with the site.

kaner

Postby kaner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks for getting site up and running again, its working a treat.Would be more than happy to pay a membership fee or contribute some funds.
Thanks again.
kane

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Hey Kane, Thank you very much. I upgraded to a Virtual Private Server a week or so ago. Its about as high a level as i can go without it costing an arm and a leg. The old server was slow and had security issues / shared hosting. This one is run on a secure server via a Cloud security server that re-routs everything and way more modern (backend) any other i have seen in this country. I ran a few thousand websites a few years ago so know what goes on better than most.

I have the next 2 days off, so hope to get it pumping front end wise. Website load speeds, SEO and all that jazz and a bit more on our history, i found out some amazing things this week.

have a fantastic week
Phillip

Bushman

Postby Bushman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Hey Philski thanks for your work on keeping the site going .

Philski

Postby Philski » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi all

i have been trying to make a few visual improvements on the site and keeping ahead on security measures. I just realized after 18 months we have not had a single spammer on here. so that's good. I have to hand approve every single person that joins and check ip, email, spam lists and user names on every new account before it gets approved. And i blocked out most of the known world with .htaccess to keep them out. Its better to do like that it than get spammed or worse. The reason some of them them join is to get in as a member then they can add code into text areas and get into the database and take over the server. Spammers that join here get spammed in return. I send them thousands of reminder emails till i hopefully crash there email server. I dont know if it works or not, but they dont seem to bother me, more than once.

I just noticed today an issue with new and even old members posting and it needing approval. It shouldnt, and should be instant. and im endeavoring to correct it so it all works like it should to post and reply. etc.

If you would like to see anything on here at all that you think people would enjoy or need or use, just let me know.

have a great day
phillip