Newbie: Anyone on the West Coast want to catch up?

Tasmanian Prospecting Forum

Moderator: Philski

rshaules

Newbie: Anyone on the West Coast want to catch up?

Postby rshaules » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Hey guys!

My name is Richard and I recently moved to Zeehan (West Coast) with my wife. I'm so happy to be back in Tassie, and have recently became interested in prospecting.

I've purchased a Fisher Gold Bug Pro (arriving this week) and a Garrett gold pan kit, however I'm very new and could use some help with the basics.

I was wondering if there is anyone on the West Coast who might be interested in teaching me some of the basics (panning techniques, tips on where to go), and maybe even heading out together for some prospecting? I don't know many people here on the West Coast, and would be nice to meet someone local with similar interests. Could also sweeten the deal to a home cooked meal by my wife!

Anywho, hope you're all well, and hope to meet someone out there in the near future.

God bless :)

-Richard

drystone

Re: Newbie: Anyone on the West Coast want to catch up?

Postby drystone » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi Richard, welcome back to Tassie and welcome to the forum!
there are a few members in the NW and W of Tassie, but fairly regular trips are made around Corinna area and Queenstown by members.
Also to note are field trips with the PMAT every 2 months or so: a good chance to meet fellow prospectors and try your gear at different locations
!
welcome aboard,
Drystone

rshaules

Re: Newbie: Anyone on the West Coast want to catch up?

Postby rshaules » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Hello Drystone, and thanks so much for the message and welcome to the forum. Greatly appreciated! I'll keep my eye out for these events so thanks for the heads up :)