Free Magnetics imaging Key

Environment and sustainability in Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Free Magnetics imaging Key

Postby Philski » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 pm

HI all

If you have ever looked at a magnetics image of the state? you would firstly notice its got lots of very pretty colours and what look like mountains and peeks. The large mono coloured areas. Perhaps extended levels of high temperature and pressure with excess water and quartz to get the lavas mobile. If its ever sent you bonkers.. dont fear. I have a key that will help anyone.

as an example.
The longer Ridges of white are major Fault systems. Henty Fault and Great Lyell are clearly visible. Rosebery is at the convergence of 5 of them. Things that allowed the Basalt's and other high iron magma's to swell upwards in a straight line and more importantly have a similar polarity

Macquarie Harbor below Strahan is a great example of a Graben. Whats a Graben you ask? well it when 2 faults either side let the middle drop downwards. Thats how Macquarie Harbor was made. Tectonics did it. Then if filled with water. you can clearly see the outline of the fault system that created it. Its long, straight and white.
[url]
http://www.mrt.tas.gov.au/mrt_maps/app/list/map
[/url]
Using magnetic's imaging for economic minerals is simple, fast, safe and. There are some real benefits in these keys. indicators. Faults. Mount Lyell is on one indicator. An example of it, only several km underground. Broken Hill is another. a classic example.

I can use my mag key and almost every single anomaly i zero in on in Tasmania using mrt's free online map, has a major existing mine sitting on it. So a very valuable remote area sensing tool and one that is low impact in total and zero impact on the ground.

If anyone would like a copy of the key please pm me.

Phillip

ron

Re: Free Magnetics imaging Key

Postby ron » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 am

Hey Phil

I was just looking at this & that in the site & noticed that when I used the MRT link contained above and the server times out - unsure whether the prob is your site or MRT.
I have LIST maps loaded separately.

Philski

Re: Free Magnetics imaging Key

Postby Philski » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks Ron, i didnt check the link to see if it worked.. i forgot to add the {URL} tags to it. oops..

it should work properly now.

Im still having a few issues with this new site with images and stuff, nothing major, just different to what i am used to i guess. I will try and get it fixed as soon as i get back from work.

have a great day
Phillip