Next PMAT field trip: Mathinna, 30 September 2017

Moderator: Philski

PMAT

Next PMAT field trip: Mathinna, 30 September 2017

Postby PMAT » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

PMAT will have its next trip in Mathinna on the 30th of September, to do some metal detecting. We have been given permission by the Exploration Licence holder, Rod Holden, to have a trip in his tenement. There will be a few conditions, such as the need to RSVP and to record any finds.
For more info, and if you might be interested in coming, please see http://www.pmat.org.au/event/mathinna-m ... ting-trip/

Cheers, and see you there!

Miguel,
President, PMAT Inc.

whitehunter

Re: Next PMAT field trip: Mathinna, 30 September 2017

Postby whitehunter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 am

Have been waiting for this trip all year , only to find it happens on the weekend i am already booked into a trip to Flinders Island ! Disappointed , and jealous of those of you that can make it . Hope you all find a bit of yellow , looking forward to seeing some pics . Good luck .

drystone

Postby drystone » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm going for sure!
"gold bugs, start your detectors..."
see you all there :P
Drystone

wood

Postby wood » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 am

The force awakens

blisters

Postby blisters » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:23 am

Any chance of posting a location map of the lease please pmat?

PMAT

Postby PMAT » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi whitehunter,

There will be two more trips coming up, in case you can't make this one, and we'll be putting official details up in the next few weeks.

There will be a trip to Gladstone, to look for smoky quartz, topaz, and possibly gold, on Saturday the 28th of October. The final trip of the year will be on Saturday 2nd of December at Lune River. Lune River in particular should be a child-friendly trip, with plenty of small gemstones (agate, carnelian, onyx, petrified wood) on the surface of other diggers' mullock piles.

I'll update here and email all members when the invitations go up.

blisters: There should be a small map with a link to Google Maps in the invitation to the Mathinna trip that we posted the link to above. In case it doesn't work, here is the link again.

Our idea for the AGM (Feb.) is to try and have it at Corinna. Perhaps meet/camp at the old quarry in Browns Plains, near the start of the Whyte River Road. We'd love feedback.

Cheers,

Miguel, President, PMAT Inc.

mids0n

Postby mids0n » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:05 pm

sooooooooo excited about this! put my name down and i'll pay for my membership at the oval. bit of news about mathinna, there is now mobile service within the town but only for telstra customers on 4G.

whitehunter

Postby whitehunter » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Yaaahooo ! managed to change my booking to Flinders , so book me in on this one .

ron

Postby ron » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:21 am

Hi Folks,

a few weeks back Blisters asked about the lease at Mathinna. Miguel, you added the map link in your response showing the footy ground (the meeting place).
I (and perhaps others) would be most grateful if there is a map/s link for the particular EL(s) where we can roam on the day. Mud map is fine.

cheers
Ron

PMAT

Postby PMAT » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi everyone,
This is a map of the area with the licences overlayed. We have permission to prospect inside EL14/2013 on Saturday 30th of September.
The large exploration area to the south (brown in the map) is now under ERA, which means you're free to prospect there so far as you have a licence.
The main issue around Mathinna and Mangana is staying out of people's private property. I will endeavour to put up this map, and another with private property, at the PMAT page.
I would encourage you to check yourselves using MRTmap and LISTmap. If you haven't had a chance to use them, I reckon getting good at using them is invaluable for prospecting. The MRTmap layer is the Category 1 Exploration Licences in the Tenements section. In LISTmap you need Layers > Cadastre > Land Tenure. Once the layer is up you can change the opacity with a little slider to see through.
LISTmap: http://maps.thelist.tas.gov.au/listmap/app/list/map
MRTmap: http://www.mrt.tas.gov.au/mrt_maps/app/list/map

I will also bring some maps to the meet.

Mathinna_EL.jpg
Mathinna Exploration Licence