First PMAT field trip and AGM

Moderator: Philski

mfdes

First PMAT field trip and AGM

Postby mfdes » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Wow, what an amazing turnout!
The Prospectors and Miners Association of Tasmania had its very first field trip and AGM on Saturday (16 Jan 2016), at the Back Creek gold field. I was absolutely blown away by the level of interest and support, and couldn't have hoped for a better weekend.
I'd like to thank the forty-five people who came along, as well as all of those who came up with suggestions on how to keep the momentum, and also the new 2016 PMAT committee. I'd also like to thank Ron and Emma for all the time and effort that they put into hosting all of us: without their generosity it would never have happened.
And I just noticed that Phil has started a sub-forum for PMAT! Thanks Phil, your forum was instrumental in getting discussions going and building up the energy that's taken us to where we are today.
Cheers, and see you all on the next one!

Miguel de Salas
President, Prospectors and Miners Association of Tasmania

whitehunter

Re: First PMAT field trip and AGM

Postby whitehunter » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:08 am

Yep ! A really interesting weekend and met a good crowd of like minded people . Cannot thank the organizers enough and many thanks to Ron and Emma for both the access and their time . Congrats to those who found some gold , it eluded me ! For those who are interested in relics i did have some luck on Sunday .
Found a 1874 penny , 1882 3d , gilt star broach/badge , sterling silver belt buckle dated 1833 , some shirt buttons including one from a Hobart draper who later became a Tasmanian senator , along with the usual bullets and brass work . Also saw a beaut cricket buckle found by another member . Looking forward to our next trip , good hunting all . Curt .