PMAT trip to Weldborough

Moderator: Philski

mfdes

PMAT trip to Weldborough

Postby mfdes » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 am

Hi everyone!
---
Field Trip to Weldborough
The next PMAT field trip will be held in the Weldborough area on Sunday the 23rd of October. This trip is open to PMAT members only (you can join up on the day). Please RSVP by 16th of October.
Meet up at the Weldborough Hotel camping ground at 9:00 a.m. for our short regular meeting, then we'll spread out from there. Where we go will depend on the water levels: the rivers could still be quite high after all the rain we've had. The floods will have re-worked a lot of the sediments and for a while fossicking should be a little easier.
For more details see the PMAT website: http://www.pmat.org.au/event/field-trip ... ttle-gold/

We will have another trip to Doctors Rocks in November. Members should have got an email about it already. Details will appear here and in the PMAT Facebook page a few weeks before the event.

mfdes

Re: PMAT trip to Weldborough

Postby mfdes » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 am

I will be out prospecting in the general Weldborough area from tonight, so if you have any questions about Sunday's field trip, call me on 0400 174 956 and leave a message. There is no mobile reception up there but I will drive up the hill to check my messages once a day.

Just to repeat, we're meeting at 9:00 at the camping ground of the Weldborough Hotel on Sunday.

mfdes

Re: PMAT trip to Weldborough

Postby mfdes » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Well, 12 of us turned up on Sunday morning, and the weather finally cooperated!

I went up on Wednesday evening and camped at the Weldborough Hotel. Had a good day fossicking on Thursday, and was joined by Colin and Greg. The skies opened up and it proceeded to rain almost non-stop on Friday and Saturday. We tried to get in the water on Friday, but it was flowing too fast, and you couldn't see anything or hold any wash on the shovel.
Saturday upped the ante a bit, and it started to snow. Yippee. We were joined by Jason, Tamara and her family, and headed into the creek for a bit in the afternoon. The rain started to ease off a little after lunch.
On Sunday, the day of the field trip, 12 of us met at the beer garden in the pub for a super-quick 10-minute meeting, and then onto Main Creek.

The water level had come down to normal after 18 hours with no rain, and some decent stones were found.

Next trip will be Doctors Rocks on November 20th. If you're planning to come please RSVP so we have an idea of numbers. Contact details are in http://www.pmat.org.au/event/field-trip ... ocks-gold/