the pieman

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

sinister131

Re: the pieman

Postby sinister131 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks so much for the reply mate really appreciate it, very helpful. .
I wasn't expecting 100m an hour, I thought 4-500m an hour so thanks for that.. I am a short bloke with reasonable fitness but I fully understand the bush you're explaining and appreciate the warning.
I'm thinking about heading down for a few days n just sussing the place out, hike into a few creeks n suss out camping spots off the road n shit..

I just plan on heading into horrible scrub to try my best to get away from other prospectors, then start busting some crevices up. I'm over planning specific locations on creeks down there. It seems there could be nice patches of colour in any creek down there really.

mids0n

Postby mids0n » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:40 pm

sounds like a great plan you have going there sinister. i too have been trying to hatch out a plan to head out that way. i'm from hobart so i've never prospected around corinna but am very eager to, the question is what spot do i start in! like you i believe pretty much anywhere accessible wouldve been flogged to death, you need to get somewhere that is an absolute pain in the backside to get to. i'm pretty eager to head up there in the next few weeks, possibly even next weekend (5th, 6th, 7th may) before it starts getting too cold. i have an sdc2300 but feel that the best way to recover any decent gold would be to dig and crevice...

shaneo_tas

Postby shaneo_tas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Gday all

I've been on the forum here for a while but have never really thought about planning a trip. Until now! I would love to get up the west coast way especially the pieman for a multi day trip. I have a few pans and a bit of other gear plus I'll be getting a gpx5000 in the coming months. However I own several boats and you love to head up the rivers, it would be a great adventure and from the sounds of things easier than the scrub. Ploughing up rapids defiantly sounds the go. I have accommodation at tulla for free. If any body is keen drop me a line and hopefully one day I can make it up there. Cheers Shane