Major new Alluvial Gold discovery Tasmania

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

admin
Site Admin

Major new Alluvial Gold discovery Tasmania

Post by admin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi all

Just a quick update. There has been a major new alluvial Gold discovery here in Tasmania. 20 specs + per pan and a few pickers in each pan. Total output 5oz this month. The deep lead was only found because it made the track wet and was followed up and led to water coming out of the ground. Not a spring as such, A creek that has been covered with basalt similar to the Victorian Gold fields.
There was a picker on the road!!!!

i will get some photos of the gold this week for you, The location is secret for obvious reasons.

have a great day
Phillip

Trent

Re: Major new Alluvial Gold discovery Tasmania

Post by Trent » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Awesome keep us updated

Razorback

Post by Razorback » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:24 am

Not surprising really, when I first prospected around the NE it struck me as being pretty untouched compared to most places in Australia and I imagine the West is even more so. ;)

ratters

Post by ratters » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Thats exciting news for you! Looking forward to see some pics of the gold! Would you say it has travelled far from the source? who knows maybe you could be within reach of the vein that has shed it..

Rohan

Post by Rohan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello Philski any development or production updates cheers. Rohan

Philski

Post by Philski » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Hey Rohan

He left to go back to the mines in WA a while ago. About half a KG of gold. 17 ounces or so, as cons. All fines. I know exactly where he was getting it out of, but haven't been back up for a look since he left. His family live about 10km as the crow flies from the area, so i know he will be back for more eventually. So, havent worried about it i guess. Great find though. Just tucked in under the basalt.

i also have another friend i worked with in Devonport thats into a decent terrace up the NW at the moment. We are going up to have a dig on Monday. He has been averaging a gram a day and still isn't on the bottom yet. 7 grams for the week and a few small nuggets. Ive not been to this particular field before but hope to stick the detector in the hole and have a scratch about. He is originally from the central Victorian goldfield area and is just really good at reading the ground. So im lucky he invited me along.

i will make sure i get photos this time and upload them straight away,. I did for the last one. but cant find them now.