RETURNED..,,,,,,, Metal detector reward*

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

Philski

RETURNED..,,,,,,, Metal detector reward*

Post by Philski » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi

THE DETECTOR HAS BEEN RETURNED
a lady (she is solid blond in her late 30's or early 40's with a son 12 or so) called me on Saturday and said she was from Frankford and could she hire my detector for the day. $25,,
a near new Minelab x terra 705 with new 15inch wot coil, 6 inch and elliptical. in a brand new never used minelab bag. And brand new Koss UR 30 headphones. The minelab bag was the first one sold in the state. so there are none about
images (2).jpg
Its Wednesday and she has not returned.
Her car is very distinctive Its a light silver blue subaru impreza (like a WRX) with patchy part primed paint.
The car looks like this The primed areas are squared off (not blotchy like my photoshop attempt)
images (1).jpg
TASMANIAN REGO No: A83TJ
And, just wanted to see if anyone sees this car or hears of this detector for sale or out and about, if they could let me know. with the big and small coil on it stand out .

SUBARU IMPREZA 1993 Blue
Registration Status: Registered
Expiry Date: 11-OCT-2014
Engine Number: 816791
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Burbury

Re: Metal detector reward

Post by Burbury » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:38 pm

:o Are you serious Phil- just shows , you try to do the right thing and people take advantage --sooo bad . I will keep an eye and ear out for you mate .

Philski

Post by Philski » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi

i really cant believe it. brand new, and took me a lot of work to afford it. And, ive never used it outside the front yard at home. I was just trying to help her too. as you do. first time ive been robbed. and its yuck. my gut is all inside out and im not a happy camper at all.

Philski

Post by Philski » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:28 pm

GUMTREE AD BELOW

Hi

i need your help.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sheffiel ... 1048350118

A lady (she is blonde in here 30's? with a son 12 or so) called me on Saturday in Sheffield and said she was from Frankford and could she hire my metal detector for the day. $25,, she said she was a courier.
a near new Minelab x terra 705 with new orange 15inch wot coil, 6 inch and elliptical. in a brand new never used minelab bag. And brand new Koss UR 30 headphones. The minelab bag was the first one sold in the state. so there are none about.The Coiltek WOT coil has the warrenty void sticker removed.

Its Wednesday and she has not returned. She may well have forgot. And i dont care,. I just want my detector back

Her car is very distinctive Its a light silver blue subaru impreza (like a WRX) with patchy part primed paint. The primer has been blocked off so square in shape.
The car is a Subaru Impreza 1993 Light Blue

TASMANIAN REGO No: A83TJ
And, just wanted to see if anyone sees this car or has seen it in the past, or hears of this detector for sale or out and about, if they could let me know. with the big and small coil on it really stands out.

SERIAL NUMBER: MINELAB X TERRA 705 GOLD DETECTOR : 40427535641

SUBARU IMPREZA 1993 Light Blue
Registration Status: Registered
Expiry Date: 11-OCT-2014
Engine Number: 816791

Cash Reward offered for the car, the detector or her whereabouts.

Im just so thankful i got her rego. The police wont help and told me its a civil matter apparently. how crazy is that, So, i need to find her, and I need to sue her, Fine, sue away. and the phone company Souther phones are worried about Her privacy more then me as their customer at a loss.. Ive never been robbed and im really shaken. But will do my utmost to make sure she faces the consequences. And the sooner the better.

its a small state. so im very hopeful. She may have just forgot or not been motivated enough to return it? But after this many days and no contact - i want my detector back. And need any help i can get.

Philski

Post by Philski » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:30 pm

i just got off the phone to Tasmanian Police and spoke to a wonderful lady there. I explained what had happened and, they are on to it. "pay her a visit" 8-) :oops: 8-) -- Thankfully. Its not much and the next logical step is to sue her head off. Stress, loss, pain and suffering, lost opportunities etc. Plus the expense of a lawyer to take her down. That she covers. I want at least enough out of her to buy a new Garrett ATX, to cope with the pain of me using a somewhat violated and soiled metal detector, Now with a criminal record! im sure you can understand.

Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive, too. I had 5 emails and some assistance in tracking this "lady" down. Still not there quite yet, but getting closer every day.

Thank you all so very much. I can not tell you how much i appreciate your help.
Phillip

Burbury

Post by Burbury » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

She's a low life loser by the sounds of it . hope it turns up for you - can't trust anyone these days .keep us informed Phil :shock:

Fox

Post by Fox » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi, Phil, sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully only a temporary one and that soon you and your detector will be reunited.It's not a nice feeling to get ripped off like that. Frankford, if that's where she's from is not far from Exeter & sooner or later she'll have to come in for groceries, post or whatever.There's another2 pair of eyes here watching out for that car.

Philski

Post by Philski » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:11 am

Hi Fox. Thank you. Thank you all very much. She has not got a snowballs chance in hell. Im checking every internet auction site in case its ever listed. Plus the papers. Plus looking for her car if she tries to flog that off. If its not back by the weekend, i will let the mainland forums know as well. Just in case. For their benefit more than anything. failing that, the police are on to it, thankfully and finally. and if that fails i will get onto the most expensive lawyer i can find. and see if that are able to assist or point me in the right direction to someone that can. And, failing that i will bump the reward up to the hilt, till her own mother gives her up.

She said she lost a ring cutting wood, so just in case i called the people i could find selling wood in that area that was cutting wood and selling it locally yesterday or the day before. if they owned a subaru. Todd the local woodcutter is looking too. lol, and offered to go get it off her when she is found, Bless him.

cybran

Post by cybran » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:00 am

Well Phil sounds like you are doing everything you can to get it back. I will be sure to keep an eye out for it and check loads of sites. Also I will keep an eye out for the car.

Philski

Post by Philski » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:21 am

Hi all

i got the detector back about 2 min ago. She returned it after a visit from the police last night. She looked shaken but still hung to her ever evolving story. She is lucky, i was just about to post a $1000 reward too. I was thinking its going to cost me that for a lawyer or new detector so fuck it..and she knocked on the door! she didnt think i was in a hurry to use it a week later, after a single day hire. Thanks for the chips and scratches all over it. Where it had been thrown on rocks! So much for the lost it wood hooking story. she didnt find the ring, and i dont think the ring ever existed. I actually mentioned it to her. And, You know when you re-mention a lie and people splutter and hesitate and go all squishy eyed and stare at you trying to see if your on to them. cause they know, you know. Body language and stuff.

I even flipped her a lie in return saying i didnt have any contact details. The look was priceless ;)

THANK YOU GUYS.. I owe you even if only for the moral support. If i can ever help any of you. you know its there. Good people rock. i am so very thankful

The one thing i have learned is to take details. anything that will put a person to an event. And record it. Im also now going to install a security camera around the house. Just in case this or anything like it ever happens again. The modern system is also bent towards criminals privacy rights, more than the owners property rights. But my hat off to the Tasmanian Police force. That's the first time i have even needed to use them, and first time ive been robbed and got it back. That's a huge result. i called them to thank them and let them know its been returned. Thank you. Imagine if it was on the mainland. i would have no hope.

Anyway, its back and i want to just get on with it and use the detector, for what its meant to do.

have a wonderful, fantastic and amazing day
Phillip