PMAT association meeting

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

mfdes

PMAT association meeting

Postby mfdes » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've put together a draft Constitution for the Prospectors and Miners Association of Tasmania, as well as an 'Aims and Basic Objectives' document. I have uploaded them here.

Anyone can view them, please comment in this thread. In the Constitution, the bits I have changed from the Model Rules are highlighted in grey. Please comment if you disagree and I will update the file.

Once we have agreed on a draft Constitution, we'll have to advertise our intent to hold a meeting, with about 28 days notice. I'm happy to organise an ad in The Mercury, perhaps also Examiner and Advocate. We can promote the meeting here, and I my blog and Facebook page (anywhere else?). We can then meet and vote to associate, and vote in some office bearers. Depending on who expresses interest, we'll have to decide where to meet.

Some things to think about: I changed meetings from monthly to quarterly, I was concerned about the menbership being spread out. We may decide later on to have separate branches. We may spell out that meetings can be electronic, though video-conferencing or phone, to account for office-bearers in different parts of the State.

If we give ourselves a month to finalise the constitution, plus a month to advertise, how about a meeting in the third full week of August (17-23)?

Edit 19/6/2015:
Some background to this discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=28
Main discussion about setting up association here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=378

Philski

Re: PMAT association meeting

Postby Philski » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:09 am

HI Miguel
Im happy to drive down to Hobart on a day that suits you.

Im also happy to finance the ads in the 3 regional news papers and foot the bill for the association registration fees. Thank you too.

have a great day
Phillip

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks Phil,
I'm happy to contribute to the start-up cost as well.
If anyone is interested, you can get in touch with me through the blog or at appleisleprospector at gmail dot com. I'm happy to coordinate an email list of people interested, so if you want to be in, send me your email. When we set a date for the meeting, we can promote it here, and I can add plugs at a few other forums, my blog, and my Facebook page.

Philski

Postby Philski » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:43 am

An online chat room / video conference would make it easily accessible for many people around the state without the need to travel. And make recording the meetings minutes very easy.

im not sure if thats allowed?

seanr0

Postby seanr0 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Happy to contribute funds for adds and registation costs. Let us know when???

wood

Postby wood » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 am

count me in as well a mate is keen as well both of us at deloraine will ring phil at some stage or someone can call me on 0400623451 cheers andrew

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:48 am

HI Andrew

i hope your both well. I started target rifle shooting last year to relax and focus, and have enjoyed it so much. I won the ANZAC day shoot in my first year and got published in target rifle Australia and the gear is as expensive as our hobby, only its controlled by an association and governed by stringent Federal and State laws that every shooter needs to follow, for obvious reasons. I was the best shot in my Army Reserve induction out of perhaps 150 others and was the best junior darts player in Hobart for years. I have an eye and dedication and the skill and can prove it. I like competition. And Target Rifle floats my boat at the moment. My coach won the Tas Queens this year in his division. And, my other online coach (another Tasmanian) was the best shot in the whole Commonwealth! Im trying to draw comparisons and how these guys can do so much, in an obviously highly regulated sport, WHY, can it grow and flourish in this modern era. And we cant.

Another issue,, i will never ever in a blue fit, buy a Prospecting license, that is utterly worthless to me and confusing to all. My 8 year old wants to prospect for coins and wants a metal detector, he is too young to prosecute. However... as a parent, i feel quite pissed off with our authority. Why should i even need to call to see if its okay? if they dont know,, then who does. Someone with a degree in common sense perhaps? No parent has a license... is he a criminal now too?
Is every child in this State with an interest in geology or finding their own numismatics a criminal now. Or just a few//

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 am

Hey Phil,

MRT have no purview over coin and artifact shooting. You can do it to your heart's content, (even inside an EL). There are also provisions for casual collection of material that you just stumble upon, as far as I know, this is permitted, i.e. collecting a few pebbles on the beach that you come across does not require you to have a prospecting licence.
If you were to come across a nugget while hunting for coins, etc, it might fall under the same provisions. However IMO it's unclear whether you'd own the gold, as it automatically vests on the Crown.

On a separate note, anyone got ideas on a venue for our constitution meeting?

wood

Postby wood » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 pm

would campbell town b central to everyone but am prepared to travel anywhere can get free venues in deloraine area but abit far away maybe on a different note a few of us will b at corrina on the 9 10 11 july camping at middletons creek anyone in the area drop in say goodaye an hoperful look at the bling have got a great story to send in wwhen i get a chance about a mate on first trip an 4.5 grms latter cheers everyone andrew