PMAT constituting meeting Aug 22-23?

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

mfdes

PMAT constituting meeting Aug 22-23?

Postby mfdes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Date / time: Is anyone available to have a constituting meeting for the association on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of August? Which day would be preferable? I can do either but Saturday lunch might be better for people who have to travel.

Venue: Anyone have experience with any venues in the Ross / Campbell Town area that would be good? The constituting meeting should not take long, all we need to do is vote preliminary positions and vote to constitute ourselves into an association. We'll need to take minutes of the meeting, so somewhere we can sit would be preferable. Perhaps one of the pubs? We can combine with get-together and chat about prospecting.

If you haven't already looked, I have put together a draft constitution and basic aims and objectives here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8OGA ... kdhT09yMkU

We have to advertise in at least one newspaper four weeks in advance.

Philski

Re: PMAT constituting meeting Aug 22-23?

Postby Philski » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:15 am

MIguel, Thank you. You are simply Awesome. Either is great for me.

mfdes

Re: PMAT constituting meeting Aug 22-23?

Postby mfdes » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks Phil!

Ok, I've had enough replies that I'll go ahead and organise for 11:00 am on Saturday the 22nd of August in Campbell Town. I'll try to get space organised maybe at the pub, if they'll be open.

If you know anyone who might be remotely interested, please let them know to get in contact with me at appleisleprospector at gmail dot com.

Cheers everyone, let's get this thing off the ground.

Miguel

mfdes

Re: PMAT constituting meeting Aug 22-23? - UPDATE

Postby mfdes » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one to say that the meeting will be Saturday the 22nd August at 11:00 am at the Campbell Town Motel & Bistro.

There will be an ad in the Sunday Tasmanian this Sunday (19th). I've sent notices to some online forums, if you can think anywhere else to promote it that would be great! I will send info to the mineralogical and lapidary societies.

I hope to see some of you there!

Miguel