Hi all

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

Wally92

Hi all

Postby Wally92 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:45 pm

gday guys just like to introduce my self and say what a wonderful forum you guys run! I'm from Queenstown originally now living in Burnie . Look forward to seeing you all out there in the bush!
Cheers wally.

taurusjustin

Re: Hi all

Postby taurusjustin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 pm

G'day Wally92 welcome to the forum, stay safe and have fun out the in the bush or on the beach.

Philski

Postby Philski » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:32 am

hey Wally,

Queenstown is the most awesome place to be from. Im here at the moment and its raining and cold and tomorrow is expected to be worse. But,,,,,, It has the most amazing grandeur and under it, is something truly amazing. I want this town to go forward like no other town in this State, It needs it, its begging for it.

the last bit of Tasmania,
Tonight, here in Queenstown, we had the award dinner for the NW tourism. Cradle coast authority etc, First time ever..Its exciting to see so many industries supporting this town. We networked and progresses and did lots of cool stuff. Many politicians and other groups are supporting us. and i thank them.

Hope to catch up one day..

have a wonderful day
Philip

Wally92

Postby Wally92 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:50 pm

Sure is phil! Don't work at silver hills by any chance do you ? Thanks taurusjustin I will heading out to the shed to finish a few miller tables!
Cheers wally.

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 pm

hi wally, I made a miller table out of an orbital sander glued to ply and stuck the sander upside down in a vice. It ran dry and did okay at separating the gold from the light stuff. Small round gold migrated down with the black sands though and may have worked better wet? but i didnt want water and my sander getting wet and me electrocuted is all.

Yes silver hills. Great views and service and food. and i just love being on the West Coast. Really nice boss as well, James father is a renowned geologist, Rosebery etc.. . So we talk about rocks and the opportunities in Queenstown and the whole West Coast and it gives me all day to explore the area while i still can. I only wish i could have done it 30 years ago. The regrowth (weeds and feral plants) in 10 years will be too daunting to get though. And change our native flora into nothing like natural native Tasmanian forest. The sooner it gets into the WHA and destroys it the better. The west is already gone.. Give the environmentalists something new to ask for donations for. Cause that have done a sweet load of nothing over this side of the island. The tarkine is surrounded in gorse now just busting to get into it. As a example of there management skills. all talk. no action. There is gorse chucking seeds in the upper Arthur River right now, Its the 3rd longest stream system in the state. So it will eventually be all the way to the Coast. Scott Jordan has removed none of them. i have.. Gorse would i imagine make fantastic soapbox fabrication timber. Im surprised he isnt using it for that reason alone..

Wally92

Postby Wally92 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:11 am

Nice phil ! Yep it's terrible ! Yep stay there for work all the time great meals! Made my tables out of pine with I 750 gph bilge pump got some more cons from yesterday and this morning I'll run them through tonight .

Trailed it Friday night 500 g cons panned tailings 99.5 % recovery seems to work well
Cheers wally.

Wally92

Postby Wally92 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Final clean up done table seems to be working a treat !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (921.08 KiB) Viewed 561 times
Cheers wally.