Gold ring finding or metal detector hire ?

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

casualnerd

Gold ring finding or metal detector hire ?

Post by casualnerd » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:17 am

Hi guys, I know this isn't the type of prospecting you're used to, but my mother has lost a gold ring of considerable sentimental value in the garden. We've obviously searched everywhere we think it could be but there's plenty of areas of long grass and deep leaf litter.

Can anyone recommend a place to hire a metal detector or another clever way to track it down ? She's in Westbury if anyone nearby could loan a metal detector for a small reward ?

Philski

Re: Gold ring finding or metal detector hire ?

Post by Philski » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:35 pm

im happy to have a look for you and will be in Sheffield not this weekend but next if thats not too long to wait? Your more than welcome to borrow the detector too., but its easier and a higher probability of finding it, if your already familiar with its operation.

have a great day
Phillip

casualnerd

Post by casualnerd » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks very much mate, are you offering to have a look or just lend ?

Ans is that the 5/6 May, because she'll be home then and would be very grateful for any assistance !

Philski

Post by Philski » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 am

Hi again

yes prob the Sunday afternoon but see what the weather is like closer to the day. im a 45 min drive to westbury from Sheffield (home).But Im working down the west coast till then so cant do it any earlier.

hopefully its an easy find and she can go about her day. If i cant find it, your more than welcome to borrow the detector for a week yourself.

have a great day
Phillip

casualnerd

Post by casualnerd » Thu May 03, 2018 8:52 am

Philski, thanks heaps again, I'll send you a PM shortly with some details, we'd really appreciate your help if you're still available !

drystone

Post by drystone » Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi there, did you have any luck with locating the ring? My wife and I have a good detector and live near Deloraine, so let us know if you still need assistance cheers, Drystone

casualnerd

Post by casualnerd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Update time !

Thanks heaps to Philski who came out and spent a few hours looking, total professional and great guy who was happy to help out. Wouldn't even accept some cash for his time and effort after driving hours ! Sadly though we couldn't find the ring, just old matchbox cars and broken watches :lol:

A few weeks ago mum found the ring though, it's been out in the front garden hiding under the leaves for months, and she just spotted it while weeding. :roll: