New and keen

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

Gem hunter

New and keen

Postby Gem hunter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:18 am

Gday everyone I live In Hobart but I've been travelling round Australia with my parents for about 2 and half months now I've found afew minerals In Kalgoorlie mostly mica I have afew more I also think I have found rose quartz In Tamworth I have alot more rocks that I have found but I don't know what they as I've only been fossiking for a couple of months but gemstones and minerals have caught my eye and interest I would love to continue fossiking when I return to Tasmania and I have heard tassie Is full of precious gems and minerals however I live In hobart could anyone tell me what I might find around the mt Faulkner area

Cheers Chris

blisters

Re: New and keen

Postby blisters » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey chris. Thanks for the input regarding north east jasper. If you google 'tasmanian gemstone localities' the search should bring up mineral resources tasmanias file on over 200 places in tassie on where to look for all the good stuff which will put you in the ball park. Stu.

Gem hunter

Re: New and keen

Postby Gem hunter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:27 pm

No worries at all mate the jasper looks a treat when cut n polished thankyou for the information I can't wait to get back and have a crack. Chris