Moderator: Philski

troglodyte

Re: Devonport Gold

Postby troglodyte » Tue May 09, 2017 6:31 pm

There is gold there but is risky with the hydro releases

troglodyte

Postby troglodyte » Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Some fine gold I found where James posted about didnt spend long there as it was nearly dark
Attachments
IMGP0041.JPG

Philski

Postby Philski » Wed May 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Great point about the water level rising. i enquired about permissions from the Hydro a few years ago and they only control the first 50 meters or so below the dam wall. i cant remember exactly how far down but they said the area below the Wilmot... go for it.. i also got permissions to be under the trans wires from transend about the same time. it opens up a lot of country right across the State to be easily traversed and prospected.

troglodyte

Postby troglodyte » Sun May 14, 2017 10:19 pm

Don’t see how you could have permission to prospect from transend, the Powerlines are only easements, Tas networks are not land owners and have no authority over minerals, to prospect in an easement you would need the land owners permission.

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun May 14, 2017 10:37 pm

HI
I don't have permission to prospect from them. I have permission to be under their transmission lines.
I use transend for access on regional reserves most of the time. its nice to ask them and even better to get the permissions. I also do it for anyone or company that have a vested interest in any place i go, if i'm prospecting. If its on private land or mineral tenement, i will have that permission too. If any one of them say no. I don't go. Transend for me is access to difficult to traverse areas. Hydro Tasmania and Transend have both been very supportive of my activities. They get to know if anything is amiss in return. Landslips, damage etc.