Doctors Rocks

Alluvial / Terrace / Deep Lead Prospecting

Moderator: Philski

loverr

Doctors Rocks

Postby loverr » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Okay, i gave it another crack today with no luck haha,
i found the gate and went out but could not find any sand, do i have to keep walking right or ??

Dr Ari Gold

Re: Doctors Rocks

Postby Dr Ari Gold » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:29 pm

What has ahppened to the other posts????

I looks like we are missing quite a few??

Dr Ari Gold

Postby Dr Ari Gold » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm going to give Dr's rocks for another crack tomorrow. Had a really god go up there a few weeks ago.
Were getting into some really got spots before the tide got me.
I got over 30 pieces in 2 pans!

Oh and thanks Phil for the update on the website situation.

loverr

Postby loverr » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:20 am

Goodluck tomorrow mate :)

wildo

Postby wildo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 pm

hey guys, i am new to this forum. i live on the northwest coast and have been prospecting for close to a year now. had some luck down south close to corinna afew weeks ago, only afew specks though. Im thinking about having a look around docters rocks area seeing as though i drive past every weekend. Have heard from a friend that you can pan gold on the foreshore in this area, was just wondering roughly where the gold berring beaches are. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. if anyone needs information on more western areas than just let us know. :) cheers guys

Trent

Postby Trent » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Going to have to give it a crack, heard a few people now saying it a top spot. :D

loverr

Postby loverr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 pm

another 21 pieces of gold last night :)

loverr

Postby loverr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:14 pm

okay, guys just a couple questions :)

1) what is a clay pocket?

2) and also down at doctors rocks there is alot of big red clay lumps sticking out of the ground which is very
hard, and under the redclay alot of blackish sand/clay will these hold gold better than other areas?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi Loverr we had a look at Doctors Rocks today and i saw 3 types of clay. One is grey about 1-2 feet below the surface rocks and sands. It is glacial in Origin. It had visible Gold sticking to it. The other courser clay is a golden colour (dolerite) and was inside the grey clay (pocket) and contained good gold. the other is a dark colour and looks to be from the tertiary deposits. Didnt find any gold in it, But some Oriental Sapphire, Zircon, Topaz and Peridot perhaps or green sapphire? under magnification and interestingly what looks like Osmiridium? anyone know if they ever found any ozzy at doctors rocks? it is on the same glacial run that went through from bald hill to cradle mountain down to the sea at Wynyard and would explain the Osmiridium.

Its not magnetic and "looks" just like it to me? and is heavier than the gold. It sits lower in the pan so,, eureka and all that. the largest speck is approx 30 thou. 0.75mm.
not quite a nugget but still. Platinum group. it also displays this mad refractive thing. its a bugger to take a photo of, what ever it is..

loverr

Postby loverr » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 pm

very nice find!!!!
and very valuable! so what would you suggest? just scrape the top or dig further down?