Australian Gold Panning Championships in Tasmania

Alluvial / Terrace / Deep Lead Prospecting

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Australian Gold Panning Championships in Tasmania

Postby Philski » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:50 am

Hi all

im thinking we can get the Australian gold panning championships down here in Tasmania!
Firstly, i think we would be in with a decent shot to win it. And, secondly the whole State would benefit.
what do you think?

Have a great Night
Phillip

Philski

Re: Australian Gold Panning Championships in Tasmania

Postby Philski » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:01 am

Not one to wait,,, i sent a letter to the Hon Jeff Kennett tonight to see if he can assist and hopefully host the event at Queenstown. They already have gold tables at Lynchford and the town could do with a boost more than any other in the entire country..

goldsniffer

Postby goldsniffer » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:30 am

Sounds good Philemon lm in :)

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Hey Dan. I emailed Jeff Kennett last night and am trying to use the WCWR (ABT railway) Lynchford station as the venue down that way. They have gold tables set up already and would be a perfect venue.

I will get onto miners den and pmav tomorrow and see if this event can be a satellite event, to the Australian gold panning championships. Its the fastest way. Failing that and if they say no, they will have two Australian gold championships and this one will have a insanely huge cash and gold prize extravaganza! And, chooo choo rides. and, the other wont.

The event "Tasmanian Gold Panning Championship" is on the 1st, 2nd and or 3rd of November this year. Its the closest Public holiday - Long weekend. Northern Recreation day i can get. I gives me a couple of months to get promotional stuff, permissions and legal issues sorted. insurance etc. Ive contacted the West coast wilderness railway for permissions at Lynchford and perhaps transport on the abt railway/ :)

All money raised goes straight back into Queenstown via local local groups on the ground that will do good for the town both immediately and in the long run. Jeff Kennett is actually doing some awesome things that really benefit people across the country and he has a genuine interest in Queenstown. So hopefully he can advise or assist as well.

drystone

Postby drystone » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:15 pm

good work Philski!
Could be a winner for the West Coast 8-)
Drystone