This awesome DIY Snuffer Bottle is super easy to make it and costs nothing using recycled materials. And has more suction, for longer than the expensive snuffer bottles. just about any clear plastic bottle with a lid will do.
I used a papermate Kilometrico pen as the tube and a Powerade Bottle as the container.
Time to assemble: 60 seconds.
Time under vac 10 seconds amount of water pulled in 150ml of water
Average suction rate. 15ml/s.
A staggering 10X more water and triple the flow rate, over a $7.95 store brought snuffer bottle!
normal $$$ snuffer bottle. 3 seconds vac @ 15ml = 5ml/s . prffft.
What you need.
- DSCF0471-Optimized.JPG (32.44 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
pull it all apart
- DSCF0472-Optimized.JPG (62.42 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
insert outer pen body into bottom of cap, big end up.
- DSCF0473-Optimized.JPG (18.96 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
tap down on a firm surface to drive the the top off with the pen.
- DSCF0474-Optimized.JPG (13.78 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
in like flynn
- DSCF0475-Optimized.JPG (52.64 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
The closed up bottom end of the pen needs to be removed. cut, break it off.
- DSCF0476-Optimized-1.JPG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
screw lid back on with pen inserted. keep plenty of pen inside the bottle to help trap material.
- DSCF0477-Optimized.JPG (66.54 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
ready to go, Squeeze the bottle in
- DSCF0478-Optimized-1.JPG (51.84 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Squeeze out excess water and your good to go for the next snipe
- DSCF0479-Optimized.JPG (27.11 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
free DIY Gold snuffer Bottle