a bit of colour

Alluvial / Terrace / Deep Lead Prospecting

Moderator: Philski

ratters

a bit of colour

Postby ratters » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi All,

I'm trying to get better at the 'show & tell' because it really gives me encouragement seeing other people's reports, so here is what I've been up to..

This the result from a day out in Lisle yesterday poking around in the main creek, which is currently lower than I have ever seen it, so it made getting to some otherwise deeper pools a bit easier right now. Although I literally had to build a little dam and divert the entire flow of the creek through my sluice, and even then it was barely enough to run it properly so that's how low it is right now. Most other creeks around were bone dry and there were 3 helicopters in the air working the fires on Mt Barrow.

All very fine stuff and came in at 0.2g, probably not worth the sore back and skun knuckles but I enjoyed it nonetheless!

Cheers,
ratters

mfdes

Re: a bit of colour

Postby mfdes » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:26 am

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Did you see any sapphires in the wash? Supposedly there's a few at Lisle, and even some of the earliest confirmed rubies in Tassie, which is interesting since there's no basalt in the catchment..

ratters

Postby ratters » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:49 pm

I didn't see any sapphires this time around but I have in the past, see my old post about it 'Sapphires from Lisle' in the gem and mineral section on this site.

Although this time I did find what I thought may be a garnet, was a pale reddish stone and quite gemmy but I wasn't sure if it was quartz or garnet and I discarded it anyway, was very small maybe 1mm.

I have seen some small round tailings piles indicative of gem sieving up at the old red face workings but my guess is they didn't find much.

Wally92

Postby Wally92 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:51 pm

That's some nice looking fine gold there ratters well done!
Cheers wally.

lengold

Postby lengold » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 am

Nice color there