Metal Detecting weekend at Back Creek

Metal Detecting and Prospecting trips around Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Fox

Metal Detecting weekend at Back Creek

Postby Fox » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 pm

G'day All,

Today I got the green light to organize another detecting trip to Back Creek. Had originally hoped to have it on the weekend 9th - 10th August to give people some time to prepare for it but have just discovered that I have been booked to attend some social function and have had to bring the trip forward to 2nd - 3rd August which is next weekend!! I gazed into the crystal ball aka smartphone and the weather prognosis looks good. :D
The area where Phil and I found our nuggets has been fairly thoroughly gone over now, but there are other places on the goldfield which historically gave good returns and offer potential for detector users, as they have seen little modern day activity due to thick vegetation regrowth.
There's plenty of space to camp, however facilities are minimal so be prepared to rough it. Phone reception is virtually non existant out there but a ten minute walk along the firebreak track will give about 2 - 3 bars service.
As before we will meet at Pipers river store at 9am, Saturday 2nd August, and for those only able to make it on the Sunday, I can meet them there same time. :)

John

Re: Metal Detecting weekend at Back Creek

Postby John » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks fox

I,ll be there on Saturday at 9.00am Be good to have a look at the history around the place. Been out there near the miners huts before but only by accident, just checking out bush tracks to see where they came out.Bought a new detector recently but had trouble with it the first two times I had it out,dealers been pretty good but am waiting for new control box to arrive from Melbourne.still be great to come out and meet you and everyone else who turns up for the day! Looking forward to picking up a few tips about detecting even if my detector isn't back in time for the weekend. Fingers crossed with the weather!

Thanks for the effort you've put in to organise this 2nd trip out there,much appreciated

John

titley26

Postby titley26 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi Fox, so its ok for any members to come out for the day?
cheers
Ben

Fox

Postby Fox » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:29 pm

G'day Ben, no worries mate. All forum members are welcome to join us either day or all weekend if they wish.
Looking forward to meeting everyone. Should be an awesome couple of days.

Cheers

Dazza

Postby Dazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi fox , DazZa here it would be greatly apreciated to join up & finally meet with you & other forum members, I would love to be there satarday & Sunday but I have a social event satarday night so satarday would be to rushed so I would love to join up on Sunday is that ok still to meet you at the pipers river store at 9 am on that morning , dazza

Fox

Postby Fox » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Welcome aboard Dazza, will be at the Pipers River store at 9am for those arriving on the Sunday. It's only 10 mins to the goldfield from there. See you then,
Cheers, Fox

Burbury

Postby Burbury » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:48 pm

Gday Fox , sounds like a plan to me !i will travel up if the weather looks ok , and maybe even if its not eh
getting itchy for a detect , chance to test my new coil as well . thanks for organising and looking forward to
meeting everyone , will Ron be coming ? .
Cheers Burbury.

Dazza

Postby Dazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks fox I will be there Sunday morning with my 5000 I'll be in a burgundy landcruser , will be leaving from turners beach, if anyone would like a lift from here let me know , DazZa.

alwayslookin

Postby alwayslookin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello Fox,
Sounds like a good weekend, I will try to get there on Sat. Will be good to dust off the old Goldmaster 2 and meet you guys. Thanks for the invite.

minelab

Postby minelab » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 am

G'day fox. Thanks For the invite. I'll be going up Saturday morning
&back Saturday afternoon. Leaving Launceston about 8ish
If anyone wants a ride, pm me. Cheers Bill.