Unexplored region in a well known gold field.

Metal Detecting and Prospecting trips around Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Unexplored region in a well known gold field.

Postby Philski » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:30 am

hi

i got permission to have a look at a small region in Tasmania for (Au). Its a relatively unexplored (Ordovician) with some tertiary and a substantial slab of phorpory. it overlays beautifully and has historical gold horizons right around with decent grades, And, Its right here in Tasmania, even today on the global scale. That is amazing. WCR rocks

i also found a well known and old Gold alluvial recently. Right on the fringe of a major Gold producing area. And, the ground feels like it has never been detected, cool, huh. I found plenty of shit.. The gold is too small to detect, but the relics are worth quite a bit. There is also the chance of getting a few small nuggets.

one location is hard going, bordering on extreme. climbing ropes needed. Bring a stack hat and epirb.
The other is super easy peesy.

Phillip

Fox

Re: Unexplored region in a well known gold field.

Postby Fox » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:13 pm

That's awesome Phil. If you need some company, I'd be happy to tag along. Still have a lot of gear from my rock climbing days. Cheers

Philski

Re: Unexplored region in a well known gold field.

Postby Philski » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:12 am

HI Fox and all

Its a unique opportunity. It just hugs the boundaries of the Mount Roland Regional reserve and contains known historical gold deposits to the east of it. I have permissions from Forestry till April so can near drive right up to it hopefully. Ive sampled the North and North West face of Mount Roland to Gowrie Park so looking forward to sampling up there. Its native forest and pretty nice to get though.

The images show the synclines on the Western Face. Its the headwaters of the Minnow River. and interestingly, parallel stream systems right in the middle of it. Im not sure if the big boys can explore there. Greatlands are opening up West Firetower but not in this exact region. Nobody to my knowledge has. Apart from magnetics flyovers perhaps.

It should be easy enough to work across sampling each catchment. Traditionally all the mines in this section of the Fossey Trough are below the buttress and below a syncline.
Attachments
back-of-paradise-gold2.png
back-of-paradise-gold2.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 885 times
back-of-paradise-gold.png
back-of-paradise-gold.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 885 times