Queenstown area - The nuggets are flowing.

Metal Detecting and Prospecting trips around Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Queenstown area - The nuggets are flowing.

Post by Philski » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 pm

Queenstown and West Coast

Hi all

i seem to have landed a wonderful job down here and have all day to prospect for all sorts of minerals. If anyone is in the Queenstown area and would like a day out im more than happy to hook up and go get some. I hate to brag but just realised the highest priced gold in the world this week. Thats what its all about isnt it?, getting the most out of a finite resource.

I made a staggering amount of money this week out of our minerals and would love to share that with like minded people. My time here is limited. Another couple of weeks and im off to another field in a distant part of the state.

anyway, back to study. (environmental biology and another geo unit) And a couple of beers to top it all off.

go Queeny..

Lots of love Phillip

ron

Re: Queenstown area - The nuggets are flowing.

Post by ron » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:24 am

Good luck out west Phil. When are you down for Uni?

Cheers
Ron

Resto

Post by Resto » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:13 pm

So its wroth a drive down there then? I could possibly do friday?
Cheers Adam

Philski

Post by Philski » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:52 pm

HI all

it is best and easiest over in the Linda valley. I got some very bright gold out of cemetery creek today. largest was approx 1/4 gram. But mostly fines and flour gold. and none with the detector yet. Its hard digging thought the conglomerate. It looks to be very lightly worked in the area i was in. but we had a lot of rain this week so didnt really get the chance to get into the bottom either, Coonies is the best and most productive ive found so far. So is whites and where they branch is good. I was even getting gold from up high out of the cemetery creek system in random shovels. but richest in it of course.

I made over $600 today in gold sales for a few grams. Not so much the quantity of gold but the final price, a bit over $5500 an Oz. or $180 a gram on average. People really dig tasmanian gold. with work and other mineral and coin sales it was a over $1000 in my pocket today. I guess that's what its all about for me, getting the very most return out of a finite resource. I like to give them a great product and experience and it seems to be quite successful so far. The silver ore is still going for $2000 a Kg or 2 million a ton. Approx $600k a wheel barrow load.

Im off to Hobart on Friday for an Ausimm student meets industry night. I missed last years event and would really like to get some practical experience at one of the larger mines. Mt Lyell would be awesome but i need to meet them all first and see what i can offer. It may be a drilling company or exploration or geological im not sure till i see them and meet them.

Im going to wait till next year to go to Utas Ron. I differed before and had an express acceptance offer. But im not quite ready for the move yet. Im really trying to make it happen as fast as i can and If things go well this year like they have i will be much better off financially to hit the ground running and will have a full 2 years + of study under my belt before i start. so will be miles ahead of the other students. And some of the stuff im doing on the sidelines is really important to me to give up on. Its a big move for a father with 6 small kids too. So my wife and they need to be ready as well. Im just so lucky they support me so well and understand i may need to go bush for long spells.

I finish this contract on the 22nd and start the new one on the 23rd in the NE of the state with sapphires in the back yard of the property. So really excited about that.

I still have 2 weeks here though so hope to cover a lot of ground in the mean time and if i do find any payable deposits i will let everyone know..

Also, Next Monday i will be planting Gold nuggets in and around Queenstown for people to just pick up and keep so the town will get a new attraction and hopefully get a few people over here to visit. Its a stunning area that has supported this state for over 120 years. And i could not think of a better place to do it.

have a fantastic day
Phillip

loverr01

Post by loverr01 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Sapphires in their backyard?
can i come too? ;) ;)

Philski

Post by Philski » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 am

HI absolutely,, its at the Welborough Hotel for a month solid starting on the 23rd of March. there are some fine sapphire in the creek behind the pub.

It used to have a camp ground there so plenty of room.

Phillip

ron

Moving on....

Post by ron » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi Phil, looks like I need to drop by the Weldborough Pub & say hi in early April before we head off to WA until October.

cheers
Ron

loverr01

Post by loverr01 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:27 pm

Philski wrote:HI absolutely,, its at the Welborough Hotel for a month solid starting on the 23rd of March. there are some fine sapphire in the creek behind the pub.

It used to have a camp ground there so plenty of room.

Phillip
Great! my camper should be working by then!
i just brought a fisher F19 metal detector, might bring it down for a run.

steely

Post by steely » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 am

my wife and had lunch at the Weldbourgh pub on the long weekend.
it was busting at the seams with campers.
Went back to the weld river camp ground it was empty.
by the way the lunch was excellent. cheers billy.

Kezndaz

Post by Kezndaz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 am

Hi philski kez and daz here thanks so much for the rocky river info
Saved us a bit of walking. We are up round queenstown corrina from
16-20th of March if your still around would love to catch up and do
Something together. My number is 0418386999 let us know if your
Still around bye for now