NE next week

Metal Detecting and Prospecting trips around Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

mfdes

Re: NE next week

Postby mfdes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 am

Hi Phil,
I would have loved to come along, but I'll be busy this weekend, having just spent the last three days at Back Creek, Lefroy and Beaconsfield. Found a bit of gold in all three, but only 2 g for three days, so not so much. I'll put up a photo when I get a chance to take it. The Lefroy gold came from a shallow tertiary lead in the burnt area. It's a flat scale about 0.05g.

While at Back Creek I had a chat to Paul, who said he did some backhoe testing in that field about 20-30 years ago, if it's the one I'm thinking of. He said the results were disappointing, with some caveats that would take some time to explain. Perhaps the gold was coarse and erratic, and panned prospects were not an accurate reflection of the grades present. A bulk test would have been a better guide.

Fox

Postby Fox » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi Phil, looks like you will have quite a following on Saturday. I'm interested but not 100% sure if I can make it. Will give you a call on Friday night to confirm. Cheers, Fox

whitehunter

Postby whitehunter » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Would love to be coming on Sat , meet some members and maybe see some yellow but have a memorial weekend at Ansons Bay for a departed friend . Hope all that attend have a little luck .

Philski

Postby Philski » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 am

HI all

No problems if anyone cant make it on the day. There will be lots more days and weekends and its simply awesome we can have days away with each other. I just really enjoy the company and always get something out of these trips. The gold is just a bonus for me. I have used a beautiful old lithographic map of the field from 135 years ago and overlain it on a modern digital image and it all corresponds. Stream systems, scrapings and namiculture. Size of the gold on the field is well above detectable limits and the wash shallow, so should be productive for all hopefully. Reports of 2 oz and 3 oz nuggets. One or two of them, would be very nice.
Free happy meals for all.. :)

Ive spent a few years looking for this field alone and with Kane and others so happy to finally find it. Fox thought it looked productive ground as we drove past it last time. And Wally has detected it with his 4500 and recommends it. It would have been easier, to ask where it was. But its way more fun finding it. The ground is open and i just think it looks great to detect on and should be a great day.

Have a wonderful Week
Phillip

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi Phil,

Did you manage to secure permission? There's a slight chance I might be able to make it up for a daytrip.
If that's the case, see you all over there!

Miguel.

seanr0

Postby seanr0 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Would love to come along,new to the forum. Will be at macca's at 830am cant wait to go detecting and learn a few things.

Sean 0400 845 124

Driving a white hiluxs ute

pistol

Postby pistol » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Hi Phil, have logged on a cpl of times for a read and have been meaning to get in touch, my 15 y.o son Ash and I have been interested in doing a bit of fossicking for some time now and would love to tag along with you guys on Saturday, will have the car if anyone needs a lift or we could jump in with someone either way. We are new to this and are keen to learn more, have a cpl of metal detectors and have so far found over 60 coins, a brooch & a pendant out of the backyard and are itching to explore some more. Please let me know re. Saturday, Cheers Pete

itassie

Postby itassie » Fri May 01, 2015 12:53 am

very interested, from launceston, only got an minelab x-terra but would love to give it a go, got prospecting license and a 7 year old, can drive there or get lift, could i get some more details please THANKS

Philski

Postby Philski » Fri May 01, 2015 1:59 am

Hi all

And itassie,, thats awesome news. We have quite a few young men coming along and im sure they will do an amazing job at it. and im sure to many of us dads. To you and me and our children. They can bond and they can grow together and learn though our dads interests. cool isnt it. These things dont happen without collaboration and i thank you all. life is cool.. And the chance for them and us to make Lifelong friends with each other because we spent a day with them in our own backyard. I have a stack of gold nuggets and am happy to chuck them out for the kids to find if nothing pings like i think it should. They will love it. we will too..

The area looks productive to me and i know something will show up that could make someone's world different, in many different ways. regardless of gold or any other mineral.

Have a great night
Phillip

itassie

Postby itassie » Fri May 01, 2015 7:12 pm

i will be at macca's invermay about 8.30 in the morning just gotta do a trip through the drive through first then i will be ready to go, be in a gold suzuki grand vitara and look forward to meeting you all. Thanks Aaron