Doctors Rocks dates

Metal Detecting and Prospecting trips around Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Doctors Rocks dates

Postby Philski » Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 pm

hi all
Doctors rocks is a fantastic and easy place to find a good bit of gold. Its safe, fun and close enough to most centers on the north coast and easy enough for anyone to get some. There is gold all along the ismuth at any tide. But the best gold is out deep. hence the lows.

The next major lows below 50cm
Thursday 21st May 8.10 am 0.35 meters
Fri 22nd May 8.59am 0.4 mt
Sat 23rd May 9:44am 0.5 mt

Sat 6th June 8.21am 0.47
Sun 7th June 9.10am 0.44
Mon 8th June 9.57am 0.44
Tue 9th June 10.45am 0.48

this is about all that's good for the next couple of months, In September a few super low 0.2 days are coming up. and will make getting right out much easier. But late at night mostly.

The pick of the bunch is
Sat Night 31st October, 2200 0.08 40 cm lower than this month or next

perhaps we could have a trip before winter and another in the spring? the best lows, on a weekend, at the right time of day, only happens a few times a year. i guess that's why the best gold is still available where it is.

doctors-rocks-tasmania-gold.jpg
doctors-rocks-tasmania-gold.jpg (194.99 KiB) Viewed 858 times

detailed maps of this years tide predictions
http://www.bom.gov.au/ntc/IDO59001/IDO59001_2015_TAS_TP001.pdf

seanr0

Re: Doctors Rocks dates

Postby seanr0 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi phil

My sdc2300 arrived today loving it. Would love have a go at doctors rock on the saturday 23rd of may. Hope you all are going well. Nice to meet you all at lefroy

Philski

Postby Philski » Thu May 14, 2015 1:31 am

hi thats sounds great to me. I have to go to Hobart the same day so may have to leave early. To have a target date is perfect, thanks. its over 1000km from Queeny via the north to Hobart and back again the same day is pretty huge. Tasmania is a big state. And good mainland practice for me it is.,

The SDC2300 is a phenomenal detector in tassie and elsewhere, and congratulations on getting one.

i have hit targets with my x terra at doctors rocks and this time., i will dig it, just to prove it is possible at Doctors rocks if nothing else. The sdc2300 will be an asset to all and being waterproof and more tuned to the type of gold to be expected, will rock it.

have a fantastic day
Phillip

steely

Postby steely » Sat May 16, 2015 8:49 pm

been wanting to do doc\rocks for a long time but didn't know where or how. thank's phil. look forward to seeing u guy's there.
i'll be there 9 am . Heading up from if launceston anyone want's a ride. cheers.

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun May 17, 2015 4:39 pm

That sounds great to me, There is another location in Tasmania on the North Coast well before Doctors Rocks was known about. And sizable gold was found on that beach too. I had to use Bass and Finders maps to re find it as some of the names they originally gave landmarks, have changed over the years. But the formations are still there to map off. Someone had a look recently and only found lead sinkers. However some sizable nuggets where reported in the day. i cant imagine they got every single one of them, so may be another trip sometime? Doctors rocks goldfield was found and worked in 1930, so a relatively new discovery. The other beach deposit was worked much earlier in the late 1850's and ended up moving inland in search for gold. You can get to it easily in a car and then walk a few km into it. So need to time the trip in and tides.

itassie

Postby itassie » Sun May 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Would love to join you all again, might need a lift with you steely if thats ok?

alwayslookin

Postby alwayslookin » Mon May 18, 2015 8:35 pm

Evidently there was also a discovery east of Penguin and another at Sulpher Creek. I've never been there but maybe somebody else knows something about those sites. Might be worth a look, they are just off the hwy.

steely

Postby steely » Tue May 19, 2015 7:23 pm

hi itassie, i'm afread i'm having some car issues & my wife needs hers for work saturday so as things are at the moment i'm looking for a ride myself.
if i can get my car sorted by saturday i'll let u know. cheers

pistol

Postby pistol » Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Hi guys, I might meet yas there with my 2 boys again, would offer yous a lift but will probably stay at my brothers place at Wynyard Friday night, unless you have somewhere to stay out that way, will let you know if my plans change for a morning trip will know more tomorrow. Cheers Pete

Philski

Postby Philski » Sat May 23, 2015 6:00 pm

HI all

I cant get to Doctors rocks tomorrow..! sorry. hopefully its a great day for anyone that can make it.

I have to work down the west coast again. We put on a new chef so i could get days off and he didnt work out too well. So i have to take up the slack. Sorry, i just did 14 days straight and am not sure when i will get days off till we get someone to fill in down here.

Kindest Regards
Phillip