Salisbury Hill. Sth of Beaconsfield

Metal Detecting and Prospecting trips around Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

warrenaw

Salisbury Hill. Sth of Beaconsfield

Postby warrenaw » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Been looking around that area. Three locations.. Salisbury Hill Sth Adit, Powerline Adit and to a lesser extent, Duchess of York area are useless with my Minelab 2300 detector. Just too much hash from the extra high voltage power lines right near by. Victoria and Salisbury Hill Adit suffer to a much lesser extent from those power-lines. Lots of artifacts there. Some remaining bits of the railway track, and lots of railway 'spikes'. which were used to tie the little track to sleepers show as massive targets. . Some very large piles of excavated material, but no gold anywhere so far. Early days. Its a beautiful area, and the loggers in the area have cut new tracks all over the area.
There's four other target areas within 800 meters to look at. Quite a few smallish heaps of quartz, some of which are partly buried waiting to be found.

Anyone interested to join in a trip to that area? Nothing like combining forces!
Cheers
Warren

mfdes

Re: Salisbury Hill. Sth of Beaconsfield

Postby mfdes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi Warren,

If you persevere through the constant warble of the powerline interference, you can hear even pretty small targets. I've heard of a couple of small nuggets being found in the general area.

warrenaw

Postby warrenaw » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:09 am

I will keep at it. Unlike the Beaconsfield area itself, the trash is nearly all old relic stuff spread far apart , and not a seemingly infinite amount of assorted trash from years and years of dumping such as near Beaconsfield.
It's quiet and beautiful. Loggers' chainsaws are often heard in the distance, hopefully clearing more tracks to facilitate getting around relatively easily.

seanr0

Postby seanr0 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:30 pm

I have found 4 nuggets at salisbury with the 2300 would be more than happy to go out with you for a day. I live around the corner at grindelwald
Give me a buzz 0400 845 124