Canoe wanted

Swap Meet, free, of sale, wanted barter trade swap give away Gold Silver Rocks Mineral Specimens Detectors and Interesting stuff! Minlab, Garrett, Gold Pans and Sales

Moderator: Philski

Bushman

Canoe wanted

Postby Bushman » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi prospectors I am driving down over New Years for about a month and would like to buy hire borrow swap for rum or a day out using a 4000 or a ctx3030.If anyone can help or how's someone with an old canoe gathering dust, as they do.It needs to be a two person as the kids will be with me for some of the time .Thank Cam

admin
Site Admin

Re: Canoe wanted

Postby admin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:31 pm

There is an open seater Canadian canoe at Moina. a friend has it, so i will ask this week when i see him for you. its old but will do the job. i have personally used it to access the lea river gorge running into Lake Gairdner years ago. from memory its heavy, but watertight. i harnessed a local goat with a dog harness to pull it too and from the Lake for me. i helped of course. Funny as heck to see.

I have paddled the majority of the major lakes in the central Highlands, so any info etc, just ask. There are Hundreds and Hundreds of Natural Lakes, Glacial Tarns and man made Hydro lakes down here, so always something new to paddle. The most dangerous ones are the big ones, echo, st clair (Australia's deepest), arthurs and Great lake. if the wind gets up they can be deadly. Hypothermia even in summer gets most and can take you in a few minutes. So plenty of warm clothing and layers will help.

anyway i will hopefully see them this week, and will ask for you.

have a great day
Phillip

Bushman

Postby Bushman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks Phillip , especially for the mental image of a goat ,canoe and a prospector.That could be a best seller , we will have to collaborate over a bottle of beer and some smoked trout .Maybe on a get together ,I sure cant wait to get down there and meet this goat and you Phillip.Cam

Bushman

Postby Bushman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:45 am

Hey guys just though I would bump this as I leave tomorrow and have not had any luck finding a canoe.Look forward to seeing some of you in the next few months .Cam

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:04 pm

hi cam

just wondering if you still need a canoe? its still available if you do

kindest regards
Phillip

Bushman

Postby Bushman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Yes that would be great ..left a pm for contacts ,thanks Phillip .