Centre for excellence

Welcome

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Centre for excellence

Post by Philski » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 am

Our Tasmanian West coast is a pr\oven and undeniable World class mineral environment. ,
Why, after 120 years of active mining and in today's money,,,,. a shit load...Why... .Does the West Coast get so little......

junkhunter

Re: Centre for excellence

Post by junkhunter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:01 am

Not enough population , no voting power . Pollies mostly only have a vision of getting themselves back into power .

Philski

Anyone interested in a National TV interview and field day

Post by Philski » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Perhaps its best they dont. 4500 people (today's pop) have for generations produces more wealth for the State than everything else combined. I can see why its forgotten. But, it wont be forever and it wont be long.

On a positive note, i have my first interview with a National television company and they are coming down to the West Coast next week. How about that. go figure. To talk about things that are important, minerals and our history and showcase some of Tasmania's amazing Geological wonders the way they should be. Hopefully it will encourage people to come to the West Coast and experience it themselves.

If anyone would like to be on National Television, filming begins next week. And, have a bit of fun and banter. Please Drop me an email or PM on here. They asked if other people would be interested to be involved to get a wider perspective or different angles for better TV viewing, And, different voices on what we go though and what we have in Tasmania can be expressed to many more people than normally ever would.

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Nice one Phil!!!!! I'd love to help out with that but unfortunately I just spent all my fuel money on a prospecting trip to the north east. Also bought some beer and a feed on the way up and back so about 150 bucks all up. And most of our politicians probably wouldn't even care that prospecting supports communities that need it cos there isn't enough people living there to make a difference to their vote tally, but that's justhow politics works. The greenies in the city have more of a say than the people who live and work on the land and depend on it's ongoing health to survive. :evil:
Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one always gets away!

Philski

Post by Philski » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:29 pm

i know the feeling... i asked ROAM-WILD https://www.roamwild.com.au today if they would like to be involved. It will help there micro business with outstanding national coverage..And, that in turn will help everyone else in Queenstown and beyond. They are a fai dinkum geo tourism venture that has had it tough a few years. United we stand. is why its so important.